Formula Legacy Manager - 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the time interval :

I agree with what @Benutzername is saying. It shouldn't be a run to make buys for anyone. First, I thought 24h could be good.. maybe it's not enough. So i've increased the time to 32 hours. Would you all agree if it is 48h ?

However, 1 daily connection to the forum is not a problem at all. Here the problems come from the fact that the game is new, everyone is not perfectly ok with the rules which is absolutely normal. So some of you have need 2 or 3 messages to get proper buys. I think after 2 seasons, everything will work fine ;)

Here is the upgrades table after the 6th round :
1479485777-capture-d-ecran-2016-11-18-a-17-15-55.png

I actually think 32 is OK, but, in case someone leaves on schedule, he will be allowed to inform about his buys saying something like "all on aero" or "+1 mech and the rest engine" for the space he is absent, because if he goes away for a week, with 3 races at a time, the loss of ground can be massive.

48 is reasonable. Plus it would be nice to allow us to make buys for the future in our PM in case we are going to be offline for a long time.

For example, if I said "All money on Mech until I return, without ever going into debt"
Or "Half on Aero, Half on Engine, go into debt if i need"

1971 Formula Legacy Season (7-9)

1479487570-1971-7.png

1479487570-1971-8.png

1479487570-1971-9.png

1479509552-capture-d-ecran-2016-11-18-a-23-51-48.png

1479487570-1971-9rewards.png

Last Marketplace of the 1971 season is opened for 48 hours !

Last edited:
If you ask yourself why you're retiring this much, you should notice that in the last races 15 to 16 drivers finished (at the beginning of the season it was 12-13) which means that your buys DO HAVE an general effect.

However, you should see that everyone has a quite low Mechanics stat. No one is 80 or something like that. Some of you are still under 50 !

• Deleted member 161052

Williams
+8 engine

Think we're falling off from the pace compared to all the other teams, but we're just a Tier 4 team.

btw, costs explained easier by me:
1479053447-costs.png

See the image above? "-40" means that - if your aero/engine/mechanics is between 0-39, it costs 50$. "-60" means that your part is between 40-59. "-80" means between 60-79 and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you have one picture showing all the results of all teams? I'd be interested to see how mine compare to other teams without having to look at the results individually

So, a lot of conversation happened today that I wasn't involved in. Perhaps because I'm 5-8 hours behind most of the people in the forum, living in the USA. But, for what it's worth, here's my input.

1) I would like more time between sessions, 48hr being my preference. Also, I'm rarely online over the weekend except for the little I can do on my phone. Which does not include being able to see all the pretty pictures you are uploading here.
2) The mix-ups, rule clarifications/changes, etc., is the exact reason why most new games here go through an official testing period. Why not just call Season 1971 a "Test" and work out the kinks for 1972?
3) Clarify the buys. I think your rule makes sense with price increases at 40, 60, and 80 points, but the chart in the first post is obviously not clear enough for everyone to understand. Work on presentation of the rules and get comments. Of course, Mod always has the last say.
4) I would like to see a little more explanation about how "engine", "aero", and "mechanics" really affect your simulation. Right now, we're kind of shooting in the dark trying to figure out what will make our cars go.
5) End of season will be coming soon. Start clarifying the rules about how drivers marketplace will work and how to upgrade everything in off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 213 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 139 44.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 152 48.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 64 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 86 27.2%
Back