30tta1y.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Formula KS2
Track: Aviano Full GP (default track)
Weather: Dry

Practice start time: 19:00 GMT
Qualification start time: 19:15 GMT
Race start time: 19:30 GMT
Race distance: sprint (12 laps) + feature race (24 laps)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
KS2 skin pack: Download, extract to your nkpro folder

Signup List
  1. Jamie Shorting
  2. Adam Farmer
  3. Nick Barrett
  4. Martin Kapal
  5. Zdenek Cagas
  6. Sérgio Marques
  7. Samuel Fuller
  8. Christian Grzybofski
  9. Tudor Morris
  10. Lars Wylensek
  11. Senad Subasic (maybe)
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

Results here

You're probably going to kill me, but I just received a PM saying that Istanbul is not a legal conversion.

Apologies to all, switching for the last time to default Aviano, to be on the safe side.

In here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/netkar-pro-mods/47167-download-istanbul-park.html

it says:
A big thank you to Com8 for a great track and for allowing me to convert it.

And the RD RC already race in this track with the FTarget, so I don't understand this legal issue.

I'm a definite for this now please.

My first race in nKPro and a difficult track in a quick car. Is there an option to map a look behind key or does everyone just use virtual mirrors? Also I've not been able to find a look to apex option, so presume there isn't one in this sim?

Any other tips I should be aware of??

I can't make this tonight guys, sorry.

And Tudor, no, there is no look to apex, and as far as I know no look behind button. nKPro is about realism so you're stuck with mirrors and sound. TrackIR is supported though.

The weds race is a fun race, so hopefully no one is being too cut throat, just drive with due diligence and if you are being lapped (unlikely in such short races) make sure you're well off line so that the leaders know which side of you to go. Otherwise, just enjoy yourself, I think everyone here is quite calm (certainly by iRacing ragefit standards!).

The virtual mirror is one of the few concessions to non-sim like features in NK. You can also hit the tab key to bring up the driver names - it is easier to see them if behind you.
Assign look left/right to your wheel as it really helps to see other cars in close formations.
I run a low fov - about 53 - and can barely see my mirrors with out l/r look, but if you up the fov to 60+ you get more peripheral vision.

Thanks for the tips guys that helps a lot. I like a low fov which makes the side mirrors useless for me, but I do have decent awareness so I reckon I'll be ok. I increased my rear view res and fov to max in mdc tools which also makes things clearer for what it's worth.....I don't expect there will be many/any behind me in any case :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%