rF2 Formula ISI @ Malaysia - Sunday 4th of August 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Having to pull out.gf booked restaurant...sorry to let you guys down and also miss a great track and car combination with interesting weather effects.fingers crossed you all have a great race.dorry once again.

Having to pull out.gf booked restaurant...sorry to let you guys down and also miss a great track and car combination with interesting weather effects.fingers crossed you all have a great race.dorry once again.

It's a pitty to miss you in the race but have a nice evening!:)

BTW the weather has changed in the meantime on the server for people who already has been online.;)

Good race, thx all! :)

That was again some great driving yesterday by everyone! 2 people who joined our server for the first time in Rfactor2, Fabrice and Nicky, welcom:) 2 new quality drivers from what I could tell yesterday, Fabrice thought he wasn't allowed to make a pitstop:confused::D otherwise he would be more in front for sure in race and Nicky driving for the first time rfactor2 and getting up to speed that quickly I found impressive. :thumbsup:

I practiced before everytime on a non-rubbered track, only did a 1.41 in a racesimulation untill 10 minutes before qualy. As I practiced for a 1 stopper. But the track was so much more rubbered, when I practiced my qualy lap I did a 1.39. This I managed to repeat for qualy, which was close, I was sixth, but number 4 to 7 were within 1 tenths of a second.

For the race I had a bad start, just managed to keep it out of the wall and was last entering the first corner, but some people spon in front of me, which made me 5th behind Tamas. I was able to follow Tamas very close, we were both on the same strategy and we had to preserve the tyres at the same time. Because of someone spinning I managed to go in 4th. I went into the pits one lap before Tamas, which made me jump a position over Tamas as he came one lap later into the pits. But I took a risk, as not even 50% of the race was covered, and I needed to manage my medium tyres for 15 laps, with Tamas pushing from behind. I didn't managed my tyres as good as Tamas did, made a small mistake 3 laps before the end, and Tamas was able to pass. I tried to push again on destroyed rubber but only made more mistakes and in the last few laps the gap became quit big between Tamas and me.

Dino and Marcel were as usual the quickest of us all, they had chosen for a minimum of 2 stops, which was in the end a faster tactic, but I doubt i would have challenged them even if I had their tactic. I need some more practice:D

Thanks for racing again guys.

Q: Had one good lap amongst the 4 q-laps, which was enough for pole and not that far off of what was possible here this time for me :)

R: The start and t1 was good enough this time to somehow stay on front, also very considerate driving from the others behind to make t1 safely ;)

From there on it was a very tough race which Marcel always close behind. Compared to him my tires were giving out a bit too fast here.
Malaysia on rf2 is always very bad to my front-tires no matter what I try, there was no way to try my usual 1 stopper as I would have to slow down way too much to just make it through somehow.
After my last stop I came out directly in front of Marcel, that's how close it was :D

We were only seperated by a tiny mistake by him which he made a couple of laps towards the end, very good drive from him.

Good race by all and see you guys next time whenever that might be :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back