Cars Formula Hybrid X 2021 by Race Sim Studio

What an amazing job again the level of detail is just mind-blowing.
The rim lights are part of the new rules?
It looks like the lemans Ferris wheel sorry
Good question Bob,
Yes these wheel lights are part of the 2021 rules,
there is just very poor representations of the 21 concepts everywhere online,
even the FIA concept is even missing the actual rules to them,
this car is actually a 1st globally fully showcasing the 2021 rules how they are intended to be with all the features, cameras, S ducts, wheel covers, rainlights,
we spared no details anywhere on the car.

Good question Bob,
Yes these wheel lights are part of the 2021 rules,
there is just very poor representations of the 21 concepts everywhere online,
even the FIA concept is even missing the actual rules to them,
this car is actually a 1st globally fully showcasing the 2021 rules how they are intended to be with all the features, cameras, S ducts, wheel covers, rainlights,
we spared no details anywhere on the car.
So it's an artist's interpretation of how the rules could be like?
Mabey a patch to remove the rss logo?

So it's an artist's interpretation of how the rules could be like?
Mabey a patch to remove the rss logo?
Its all in the OP Bob,
and no not a interpretation of the rules well not unless you consider actually finding the manufacturer to the parts and even creating a mm replica of the circuit board for inside the wheels something fictional, its accurate even down to the 5050 4 pin led we used there is 38 each light 76 in total each wheel so over 300 leds mm placed,
this is the only car in AC history with actually 3x wheel blur its never been done before by anyone,
this car is the state of the art simracing tech its accurate.

Not to take away from your accomplishments but the Formula Ford I made has 3 levels of blur also
Yeah cool stuff,
very hard to make it work with no issues loading I used something different,
[OBJECT_2]
WHEEL_INDEX=0
NAME=RIM_BLUR2_LF
MIN_SPEED=60
MAX_SPEED=10000

[OBJECT_2]
WHEEL_INDEX=0
NAME=RIM_BLUR_LF_1
MIN_SPEED=40
MAX_SPEED=444

whats with the insane speeds though why so high ?

Yeah just inspected it inside 3DS Max I fail to understand the purpose of it though,
if you want more effects visually why not add the tyre or brake disc shader there with more visual stages instead of adding more triangles ?
mine is not for the same thing. :)

Last edited:
I've purchased all of the Formula Hybrid cars (and the V6 F2 cars) from RSS and am always impressed at the amazing driving experience and level of detail.

The Hybrid X is no exception, truly a blast to drive even though the downforce is less than in previous years. The lack of downforce compared to the 18/19 cars takes some getting used to and I'm still dialing in my setups, but the car still feels great and is enjoyable to drive. Currently running about 1.0-2.5 seconds slower per lap compared to the 18-19 cars, but I'm sure that will improve when I get a better feel for less downforce.

The sound is absolutely INCREDIBLE too, I can't get enough of it. Sounds a lot like the Honda engine which IMO is the best sounding on the grid. I'm even thinking about putting the Hybrid X sound file on the 2018 car as well, it's that good.

Really excellent work from the RSS team (as always), their F1 cars put the default Kunos models to shame. Thanks again for this amazing mod, it's truly a pleasure!

Your mods are so good I get excited when ever I just see your logo somewhere. I have bought all of your cars, except this one, because I think I have enough Formula mods for AC. But at the same time I would like to support this kind of work.

So the question is (if it's not a secret) - are you still planning to release GT1 for rF2? I would gladly pay for all GT1 cars, NGT, Formula 79 and anything else that is possible to bring to rF2. I read somewhere that rFactor does not support multiple engines, so Hybrid is impossible. I that true?

Your mods are so good I get excited when ever I just see your logo somewhere. I have bought all of your cars, except this one, because I think I have enough Formula mods for AC. But at the same time I would like to support this kind of work.

So the question is (if it's not a secret) - are you still planning to release GT1 for rF2? I would gladly pay for all GT1 cars, NGT, Formula 79 and anything else that is possible to bring to rF2. I read somewhere that rFactor does not support multiple engines, so Hybrid is impossible. I that true?
We have 10 cars inside RF2 roughly I believe, they just want all finalising with audio and physics,
This GT as all the latest shaders and such we got added,
Hopefully at some point this year we will see something solid inside this engine.

Hopefully at some point this year we will see something solid inside this engine.

Kind of a good news/bad news situation considering there are max 10 months left to wait...

With modern cars being in all sims, I would really love to see a 90s car from you, with manual gearbox. One of main reasons why I prefer your GT/NGT cars to 200+ other cars with sequential gearboxes in AC is because I get more involved, since these need blipping to avoid lockups.

I wonder when will developers realise there is a whole market for properly done classic cars. I mean, on a large scale, like "ACC but for 1980s/1990s DTM". Maybe RSS can take a shot at it?

This thing is just addictive to drive. Would like to say more, but honestly, I wouldn't no where to start or end and I don't want to leave a three page reply. Enough typing. Going back for some more laps in this beauty.

Loving driving this mod - great work.

Are there any plans to create more LODs? Compared to other RSS mods, I'm having to run reduced grid sizes in VR, presumably due to there only being 2 LODS...

Loving driving this mod - great work.

Are there any plans to create more LODs? Compared to other RSS mods, I'm having to run reduced grid sizes in VR, presumably due to there only being 2 LODS...
Hi,
I am not sure regarding your LOD issues maybe something was missed during the installation process,
each and every single RSS car released as come with 4 LOD out of the box some content even having 5x,
here with the Hybrid X the usual 4 like all official content,

the car as just been updated to V2 please download it again and do a fresh installation sorry about any inconveniences you have been having, like I say most likely a bad install on your end.

Last edited:
Please don't laugh at this question because i'm new to this, but how do you check to see if new versions of a car are available? Is there a place on your site for updates because I couldn't find it. I also bought the RSS Bayro when it was released and now I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong version since I never updated it.

Thanks @CC and @NeverKrash .

I noticed the v2 download just after posting, have deleted existing and installed new version. Haven't had chance to run it but will let you know how I get on.

Can't stop racing this at the moment. Great fun with the AI at Silverstone.

Thanks @CC and @NeverKrash .

I noticed the v2 download just after posting, have deleted existing and installed new version. Haven't had chance to run it but will let you know how I get on.

Can't stop racing this at the moment. Great fun with the AI at Silverstone.
Yes sorry about those issues Michael,
This version should be good for quite some time now just some niggles. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back