1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula E

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Ho3n3r, Nov 21, 2013.

1. I am actually really looking forward to see how this goes, as this is the start of the future of motorsports. Sounds funny, but it will grow on us I'm sure.

First test for the SRT_01E Formula E Car:

Here is the site:
  2. I am really interested to see how they will get 4 times more power before the season starts. :confused:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I believe that was just a test run, like a shakedown, and they probably haven't fully developed the system yet. I'm sure they already have the power, however it isn't "safe" to use yet.

This, however, remains to be seen.
  4. I was more thinking about how the battery will be able to last with more power, because more power requires a battery with more capacity and that can get difficult to develop since they weight so much.
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The day this becomes the pinnacle of motorsport I'll retire and finally open a football website.
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. LOL.

Unfortunately, these are the realities of the 21st century. F1 will probably still remain right at the top though, in its current form(2014), for a while.
  7. Bram

Good then i still have some time left :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  9. Bram

Electrical cars are imo the biggest hoax of all time. Its even worse for the environment than fossil fuels like petrol as most electricity is still produced in a non-environmental friendly way.

The moment they will run fully on solar power I am convinced, until then its a great new impulse for the automobile industry selling us nonsense that this is green.

Add to this that the earth is still STUFFED with oil it makes no sense not to develop techniques to explore these oil reserves first.

What they should do imo is find ways to make petrol engines extremely economical. Beats me why most car still consume a liter of fuel per 10 - 14 km's while it should be possible to go to 1:25 - 1:40 for just simple petrol..

As much as I hate diesels I'd rather cheer for a Formula TDI series than Formula E based on conventional electricity produced with ueberpoluting charcoales. .
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Jeremy Clarkson, are you in there? :sneaky:

But seriously, you make some very valid points, and I did not think of it that way. Still, I guess they have to start somewhere, and this is definitely somewhere. I would like to follow it more closely, and see if they go solar and/or KERS or any other easily renewable energy source that is good for the environment.

But I really see your point, and I agree with it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bram

I still see so many obstacles. In the apartment i live in we already have troubles finding a random parkingspace outside. How on earth should I charge my electrical car when i am doubleparked :D

KERS, dynamo's, any improvement or innovation is more than welcome for me, but calling electricity green is just a lie and that is what the industry keeps telling us. Very clean and green :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ha! Here in South Africa they will make it illegal to charge your car when double parked, just to milk us some more :roflmao:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bram

• Like Like x 1
  14. Your face has a mighty big air vent :D

Guess you need that sometimes for your brain, being forum owner and all... :p
  15. Bram

That much be the Dutch blood in South Africans causing that behavior of the government :)
  16. Well, actually it's the Zulu blood at the moment... But I digress. And I will shut up now, in case they take me to court for "sharing of protected information"... :p
  17. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Some track testing for the support race :D