AC Formula Abarth @ Vallelunga - Saturday 7 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Apart from the start where i went from 16th to last because ppl gotta win on the first lap, it was a good race.

Had a few battles which was nice for a change and made my way to finish 12th. A couple of cars were bouncing all over the shop which i think could of been the cause of the first lap incident.

Hard tyres were just begining to go off at the end so not to bad. Im just glad i finished the race with fuel in my tank, only .8L but thats enough ;)

edit: Some people still dont get the give the place back rule. Only Andrew (forget surname) did this.

Fun Race for me, duidn't get lapped by the whole field, didn't ruin anyones race and even managed to stay away from the repeated carnage in the first turns - anyone got a replay?
@Mitja Bonca Sorry for the stupid mistakes during quali

damage is not present, rules, flags nothing... cars collision's is unrealistic, depend on player ping ?? I don't now...

Sorry :(for you Tomi, I do feel your pain, I got taken out at the first corner last night but I did stick to it to finish though.
Much better better to night. Missed the chaos at the end of the home strait and found myself up several places. then climbed up to 9th :D (from 20th at start) held on to it till around halfway then the tyres started to go off and then that was it started to drop back to 16th in the end!:rolleyes: but hay it was my second race here and having fun. Topped it off with a personal best, what more can I ask for? Then at least there is room for improvement.
Thanks guys.

Thx Bram.! First AC race.......and I need to go and lay down.!!
Not sure what happened at the start, thought I dodged the carnage only to be tapped on the rear and headed onto the grass.:O_o:
Settled back down for a few laps, and could see Bram exiting the corner as I was entering only for Catalin to dive down the inside and hold it.!!:thumbsup:
There I sat trying to return the favour, when lap 17 Catalin tyres? were going off and I was in for last lap(s) racing.........until he spun and shot across the track into me..!!:whistling: Still I kept position and didn't get lapped, and most of all.....I had fun.! Cheers to all.:)

Couldn't run a fast qual time with all the slow traffic never giving way to faster cars for the sake of it. The non-existent drafting makes it worse. Got wrecked before the first corner because of high ping + netcode. Welp, if it wasn't only for that:
If6I1We.png

Would be nice if there was any info about these tyres anywhere. Had no time to test them and didn't bother to ask. I should stop taking GT3 mediums as a reference to other mediums.

Apart from the start where i went from 16th to last because ppl gotta win on the first lap, it was a good race.

Had a few battles which was nice for a change and made my way to finish 12th. A couple of cars were bouncing all over the shop which i think could of been the cause of the first lap incident.

Hard tyres were just begining to go off at the end so not to bad. Im just glad i finished the race with fuel in my tank, only .8L but thats enough ;)

edit: Some people still dont get the give the place back rule. Only Andrew (forget surname) did this.

that was some good racing I had against you. did i touch you on the hairpin that made you spin out?

also does anybody have a replay or race video they can upload so we can see the start carnage

Disaster race for me! When i went out of track at 6th lap from first position, the 5 Second Penalty cost me so much time, i got so stressed about that. Started to push so hard that i was failing and failing. Couldnt get back to my pace... 2nd place in finish doesent really sounds that bad, but trust me, this was one of my most stressfull race i've ever did..

@Edwin Collingridge Yes, I should have finished the rece and I normaly would, but it has happened way too often lately. This time I lost my temper.
I can fully understand your anger, but atm mp is still far from finished, so we all have to take that into account. If only first lap winners would calm a bit and i would have avoided the two collisions that took away like 20 secs at least. Oh, btw guys, is it ok to go into pits if your only option to rejoin race is to put in reverse? It sure costs time but you don't pose a threat to others. All in all, it was a good race, after "pit stop" i was in last place but kept trying and in the end almost overtook Catalin (i know, you've had problems in last laps).

I simply stopped the car, because some guys apparently do not use tire wear. Its not fair. In qually he bearly did 33, and so in the race, when I was on 34 with worn tires. Cheaters.

I gotta admit that my first Formula Abarth race i ran here on RD i did it too, but it was just because i didnt know that your settings from SP transfers to MP too. Maybe they dont know too. But ye, if i see someone in last couple laps run low 33s, thats just stupid and pisses me off too.

I simply stopped the car, because some guys apparently do not use tire wear. Its not fair. In qually he bearly did 33, and so in the race, when I was on 34 with worn tires. Cheaters.
There's always gonna be someone, who wants to win at all costs. But when all the missing parts of MP are taken care of, there's gonna be enough means to prevent this from happening. In the meantime continue to do your best, you were on top when you parked your car.

@Michael Young I know sometimes accidents cause by netcode, ping or something like that and its OK. I just get frustrated.
Mostly these RD clubraces are pure pleasure compared to public servers.

It was a fun, but hard race for me.

At the start I got a good llaunch and Mitja had a bad one, so I was in a position to pass him, but I though it was too risky and decided to back off. As a result I think was Jussi who was able to be on my side. As we passed the fast esses, I though I gave him enough room, but his car pushed mine to the left many times and I ended on the grass. Luckily I was able to regain track pretty fast and also more lucky that seems there was a tangle at the back so I just lost one place. I quickly catch him and on a very hard, but fair fight, I was able to pass him. I then tried to catch the pack at the front. Then I saw Pavel paying a 5 second penalty and was able to catch him. I could hold him for a moment but then decided let him go as he was faster than me and we were kind of early on the race. Still I was able to kept close to him. I could tell he was struggling with his tires many times, but so I was and could not deliver a consistent pace to catch him and try to pass. As the tire wear takes its tow, my rears were starting to fade away. I could keep the car on the track but was starting to losing time. At the very last laps I was catching Pavel back but we reach a group of lapped cars and Pavel was able to pass them easily and I was stucked and could not do anything. Good race and was happy with a 3rd place.

About the tire wear. I was wondering how some people were so consistent through the race and I guess that is it. The same happen on the Nürburging last week. I only can say it really does not affect me that much. Many other drivers runs with no aids and I am happy and honored to drive against them. Mitja, sorry you did not finish the race, but think that you are racing all of us, not just people that take that unfair advantage.

Cheers and see you next week.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea