AC Formula Abarth @ Donington Park GP - Sunday, December 21st

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Damn, love this combo but going to have to withdraw. big game for my team tomorrow and a bunch of people coming over to watch it.

I'm jealous of your meaningful football in late december. But the Phins won and Philbin saved his job which I'm happy about, plus we have a true franchise QB in Tannehill finally. Good luck to your Seahawks - who sure do talk alot of **** in victory!

Well that was a whole lot of nothin'.
Did everything to make sure my internet was stable, only for it to crack shits on the first bloody lap. Gah! Oh well, probably my own fault for trying to race on a 400 ping.

*sigh* That was going to be a great event and all went down the drain. :( There were 3 or 4 guys that were running with very high pings around 300 to 400. Chris was slightly ahead of me and then all of a sudden his car just "jumped" into mine :confused: Maybe the fact that he is in Australia and I'm in the US.

Can't really explain what happened, I guess really bad luck. My ping was in the low 100's like it always is with European servers. I have seen this before and it has happened before. I guess it's an AC problem. No wonder I rarely sign up for AC events, it's too unstable yet, at least for me. :cry:

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming Chris or RD or anyone else, it's nobody's fault here. :thumbsup: The only thing I can blame is AC here. By the way, it was really weird driving with lower grip (90%). The lowest I ever tried was 94% but it was a lot of fun. This little car is so much fun, specially when you push it and it tries to kill you softly. It's like getting attacked by a kitten, it's cute. :p

*sigh* That was going to be a great event and all went down the drain. :( There were 3 or 4 guys that were running with very high pings around 300 to 400. Chris was slightly ahead of me and then all of a sudden his car just "jumped" into mine :confused: Maybe the fact that he is in Australia and I'm in the US.

Can't really explain what happened, I guess really bad luck. My ping was in the low 100's like it always is with European servers. I have seen this before and it has happened before. I guess it's an AC problem. No wonder I rarely sign up for AC events, it's too unstable yet, at least for me. :cry:

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming Chris or RD or anyone else, it's nobody's fault here. :thumbsup: The only thing I can blame is AC here. By the way, it was really weird driving with lower grip (90%). The lowest I ever tried was 94% but it was a lot of fun. This little car is so much fun, specially when you push it and it tries to kill you softly. It's like getting attacked by a kitten, it's cute. :p
No it was 100% my fault. Just my internet is too unstable on the RD Netherland servers.
Sorry for wrecking your race mate :(

I think I'll just stick to AU servers from now haha

Hi all,

Sorry on the first lap that I may be involved in generate the incident. Was running to close to Justin and lost my braking point. Blocked my tires and ran wide on that turn, so two cars had to take the inside line. Watching the replay it was a BIG warp. Usually Chris car is very stable.

Back to the race. I was able to pass Justin after he ran wide on a turn. I was comfortably leading until I did a mistake and did an off-track. This was because I was checking some times on one dashboard. This put Justin back on my gearbox. We continue racing until we get close to Nico, which on the hairpin I initially though he was giving us room to lap him as he was very wide, but then he took the racing line. Heading to the last turn he let us pass, but it was for me on the most complicated turn of the track. I totally lost my brake and turn in reference. When I realized, I tried to make the turn but then was hit by Justin. I got damage to my rear wing and there was no point to continue racing.

I cannot blame someone. It was just a racing incident and a complicated situation. It was a shame since it looked to be a great battle between Justin and me.

Hope the rest of the race was good for the rest. Looking to race all you next time !

All the bad luck I had in my first race went to the hole in the second one, so happy with my first podium finish:D. Also, my apologies to @Ken Baldwin for hitting you in the back, I take 100% responsability for that, just locked down my brakes and couldn't get out of the the way, sorry:(.

Good race all!
In the first race go round I was doing OK, until I went wide on T1 and gave up my spot to @Keith Griffall, almost got it back at the end as his mediums were going off, but I just wasn't clean enough to do so. In the second, I was the beneficiary of some shenanigans up front

I want to thank all of you guys for the past 6 or so months that I have been driving AC @ RD. I had never gotten serious about sim racing before and finally broke down and bought a wheel and pedals. I wsa referred to RD from others on a different forum and signed up to see how it went. Since I have signed up, the staff and drivers here have always been friendly and helpful

Huge thanks go out to @Saleem Hodge @Joao Alves and @Ryan Ogurek for setting up the US events. It really was a struggle to get people on the grid for races, but there are more and more new people driving in races, so the future looks good! Thanks also to @Chris Stacey for doing the Aussie races and setting up the VFAC which has been lots of fun. Finally, thanks go out to the other racers who have signed up for races. Everyone wants to have good clean racing and none of that can happen without the drivers themselves. The driving on the Aussie and US races has been great, I have had less luck on the EU races though (though no fault of the staff!)....and it is not just the racing. It has been fun sticking around the races and chatting about things. I've learned quite a bit just sitting around chatting with everyone.

Anyways, again thanks to all, and I hope everyone has a great holiday break!

I apologize for the incidents i was involved in but overall a great and fun race. Thanks to the people who tirelessly put up events like this without expecting something in return. Thanks also for the people who participated and made all these events worthwhile.

By the way, how was my ping as i am someone located in southeast asia? Forgot to ask this while in the server.:D

Awesome to hear about another strong race. We had a blast over here watching professional hand egg! Many shots later and I'm finally getting to bed! See you online soon!

Thanks for the shot out @Fred Locklear! I've had a ton of fun racing with everyone on here. @ryan thanks again for doing such amazing work!

I'm jealous of your meaningful football in late december. But the Phins won and Philbin saved his job which I'm happy about, plus we have a true franchise QB in Tannehill finally. Good luck to your Seahawks - who sure do talk alot of **** in victory!
Thanks for the good luck, it ended up being to much defense for their wounded team. A bunch of stand up guys down there though. I've always had a soft spot for the phins, and they look to be getting better. Oh and I love the white face mask,

I had a great time as always - apologies to @Justin Talent and @Fernando Deutsch for my having a part in that accident around that final turn...I should not have gone high to get out the way. I saw you guys go by and then collide and felt horrible about it - again sorry as I know you two were in a great battle.

Really wanted to take part in race #2 but had to get some sleep due to that whole blasted "work" thing....was expecting a hellish day today, but I came in this morning and figured out the problem bothering me right away so i could have partaken really. Looking forward to the next race!

Much props to @Ryan Ogurek for organizing these races. I have a buddy Nate that should start joining us after xmas - so that's one more filled grid spot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back