AC Formula 3 @ Spa Francorchamps - Saturday 23rd January 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really sorry :(

Every time I try a club race on AC I have nothing but technical problems! :(

Couldn't get the pedals to work properly, then the wheel, then I lost internet connection, then the server wouldn't let me join for some reason (not booking problem it just kept throwing me back to the server screen) by the time I got everything working I was so fed up I would have been straight into the race with little practice (again!) and would've probably crashed almost immediately.

Hope you all had a good event anyway, did a few hours of practice running on Thursday so I'll do an AI race later on! :roflmao:

Really sorry :(

Every time I try a club race on AC I have nothing but technical problems! :(

Couldn't get the pedals to work properly, then the wheel, then I lost internet connection, then the server wouldn't let me join for some reason (not booking problem it just kept throwing me back to the server screen) by the time I got everything working I was so fed up I would have been straight into the race with little practice (again!) and would've probably crashed almost immediately.

Hope you all had a good event anyway, did a few hours of practice running on Thursday so I'll do an AI race later on! :roflmao:
Really unlucky mate, but some of the blame can be laid at our feet because we had to restart the server as we were getting checksum mismatches as for some reason the car data.acd need to be refreshed. Not sure why as we were running the same combo this morning on the practice server.

Thanks for the race guys! The 2nd race was amazing, one of the most fun race I've ever had! :thumbsup:

F3%20SPa%20race_zpspwqfbnm9.jpg~original

Last edited:
Haha, looks like a typical F3 race at Spa then! :)

Would love to try and join in for some other races in these cars, really wanted to sign up for the league but every race falls on my day at work which was a shame.

Internet dropped out for a few minutes just before race 1, but I was back and on pole for race 2, so it wasn't all bad :p

Dropped everyone at the start and had a good few laps in the lead until my complete lack of confidence in the final chicane brought everyone else close. Having a few cars barreling up behind into said chicane is not too fun when you know you're the weak link. Finished the race with some fantastic racing with @Fred Locklear! Side-by-side through Blanchimont was awesome, but I then took the inside line for the chicane, locked up and spun on the exit of the first turn. We carried on, got side-by-side again on the last lap through Fagnes after I took a less than ideal line through Pouhon. A clout into the kerb on the inside trying to leave enough space around the outside was not good, and I have no idea how I missed Fred, but I did. Luckily the gap to the guys behind was big enough that I was fine to finish there.

Ya, the race was kinda fun. I was probably a bit too cautious in the races because it was the first time with this combo and just don't know how much the car can take around some of these curves. Also a little tough tonight because some of the cars were a tad bit floaty and hard to judge their front/back and side/side positions. Because of this some opportunities were lost because I was exercising a bit of caution in some of the twisty areas.

In the first race got tapped by Chris in T1, and later was knocked sideways at the final corner pushing me to the back, but finished strongly so I was happy about that. I'm liking the reversed grid thingy....though it was hard to remember exactly who should be where when lining up for the restart (I think that Petteri should have started behind both Dave and I, but doesn't really matter since it was a club race).

In Race 2, I was trying to get by @Alex Townsend and figured the best way was to get a tow on the back side and then get ahead of him before the bus stop. I was going to fake left and then go right, but that idea was toast because @Michael Stead and @Sun Levi were barreling up behind me and cut off the outside line at Blanchimont (hence the nice two top pictures that Sun posted!). It was a hairy moment because it had all the potential for disaster! Somehow all of us got through that unscathed, but it was an exciting moment.

Later on I was battling with @Jimlaad43 for a bit, he seemed to get loose in a couple of corners but I wasn't in a position to take advantage. He then went sideways in the middle of Bus stop and I was there to help straighten him out with a bit of a tap :)

Great fun, we need a full server next time to at least help slow Michael and Sun's charge back to the front of the pack.

Was fun, my pure lack of confidence rips me apart when I get a car in my mirror, start making mistakes, got a hard tap,could have been my fault, in race one, felt like no rear wing from 3rd lap.

Second race, toooooo many cars in my mirrors, and lost throttle after Eau rouge, everyone just drove by!! Then it reappeared! ( probably my feet )

Was fun though, then lap 7 I think ts went ,then so did I, son had gone on Netflix!!!!.

:)

Race 1 was pretty quiet for me. After qualifying in a surprising 4th and being promoted to 3rd after Chris's little mishap, I spent the rest of the race chasing @Alexis Clapano. I was faster in the straights and he was faster in the corners so I lost that one..

Race 2 was more interesting

Side by side with @Chris Stacey down the hill.
Screenshot_dallara_f312_spa_24-1-116-7-56-42_zpse3m8uvnd.jpg

Don't hit the teammate. Don't hit the teammate. DON'T HIT THE TEAMMATE! DOH! Sorry bout that Tom
Screenshot_dallara_f312_spa_24-1-116-7-57-45_zpsyluqtw7x.jpg

Myself, @Sun Levi and @elloLeo Kinnunen dodging an accident
Screenshot_dallara_f312_spa_24-1-116-8-0-39_zpsygy4ueuj.jpg

There's probably not enough room with @Alex Townsend and @Fred Locklear
Screenshot_dallara_f312_spa_24-1-116-8-2-55_zpsykjyqqzc.jpg

That's @Jimlaad43
Screenshot_dallara_f312_spa_24-1-116-8-7-53_zps8p7vxamn.jpg

And @petsku67
Screenshot_dallara_f312_spa_24-1-116-8-9-12_zpsumfh2hl6.jpg

I hadn't surprisingly decent quali seeing as I've not done a lap with this combo until last night, coming 7th.

Race 1 was spent following @elloLeo Kinnunen neither gaining nor losing time on him until the last 2 laps when my tires started to go and @Chris Stacey passed me. Still a good finish in 6th.

2ND race was not quite so good though. First lap after the rolling start was awesome fun with all the cars around me up until the bus stop chicane when unfortunately I got tapped from behind causing a chain reaction. It left me with enough damage that I lost 10kmh on the straights and a bit nervous on the corners. Ended up last (dnfs not included).

The reverse grid idea was great fun though, definitely need more if those :)

Cheers for the great night again boys!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back