rF2 Formula 2 @ Mid Ohio - Sunday September 23rd 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This was my first laps with the F2 cars. Really enjoyed it. Nice racing by Craig and Axel up front. Was able to tag along until I made a terrible downshift and got into 1st gear in the last corner, spun around and lost 7 seconds. Managed to close the gap down to 3 seconds by the checkered flag. Nice race guys

Started in pole, it was pretty close between the top 3, and I got an alien like final lap, it was all or nothing.

On the restart I got a very good start, which doesn't happen usually and put me 1-2 seconds in front of the Axel by the second corner.

I gradually pulled away from Axel and at one stage was 6 seconds in front. I'm guessing he made a few mistakes and was cautious also.

By about lap 20 I was losing concentration and my left hand was going numb and made my first mistake of the race. This lost me a couple of seconds and Axel started putting the pressure on.

By the last couple of laps Axel was gaining on me at a rapid pace. By the last lap he was within a second of me. Although I knew if I paced myself and didn't make any mistakes, he was unlikely to pass me.

Anyway........... I crossed the line in first place.

Sounds like a De-javu!! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back