1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Formula 1 returning to Mexico in 2013

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Juen-Jen Wang, May 31, 2012.

1. http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?optio...alendar-for-2013-season&catid=1:f1&Itemid=157

In a surprisingly low key discussion, Formula 1 will be returning to Mexico for 2013 and will likely race at Hermanos Rodriguez. However, Charlie Whiting has stated that the final oval turn is not up to safety regulations and need to be completely re-designed to suit the new F1 cars.

This also poses good news for IndyCar who has stated intentions of returning to Hermanos Rodriguez as well but also cited a lack of modern safety upgrades to make the circuit a viable option. F1 facilitating a redesign of the circuit will prove it's compatibility for both F1 and IndyCar cars to come.

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Why. Just why.

3. Random isnt it. I only got wind of this looking for IndyCar news LOL

4. Sergio Perez.

Valencia was because of Alonso, the second German Grand Prix (Grand Prix of Luxembourg) was because of Michael Schumacher, the SanMarino Grand Prix was because of Ferrari. Don't forget the second Japanese Grand Prix at Okayama, the European Grand Prix at Donnington... and and and.

This will mostlikely mean that the French GP is dead, unless Bernie forces everyone to do a 21st race, since I doubt the contracts for Singapour or Japan will be discontinued, and with Nürburgring being in the final year of its contract next year and the local gouvernment not willing to support another one, maybe the signs are set to see a altering Belgium and German GP instead of Belgium and French.

5. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Maybe. Paul Ricard is an awful choice of circuit

6. Paul Ricard is horrendous.

7. From what I see here the Peraltada (oval-turn) is only used half and they drive trough the baseball stadium?

[​IMG]

8. Well CampCar discontinued that layout for being to expensive. Following series like A1GP used a simple cone chicane. But I doubt that's enough for Charlie Whiting.

9. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

Great track, great country. Money for Bernie

10. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Nah, by the reading I did earlier on autosport, Peraltada is in it's full pride! However, it will prob. be changed if F1 is racing there!

@Manuel Samaniego No-one can come and tell you that you don't like your country! :p

11. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

I like it ;) for sure. You must like yours too I guess :)

12. So many Esses!

13. Nice to see Mexico returning. I wonder what they will do with last corner, i'm sure no-one want to lose it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

So this takes the place of either Barcelona or Valencia (who are alternating).
    Will Argentina be taking the place of Korea then?

15. New Jersey's taking the place opened by Valencia and Barcelona alternating; Argentina is going to replace Korea. Don't know what this track will replace.

16. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

It'd make sense to keep the Spanish race in the Barcelona slot and have New Jersey in the Valencia slot, as the teams will already be in North America from the Canadian GP.
    I don't see another gap for the Mexico race :s

17. I don't see the point of two races in the USA. I wonder when will Bernie force GP of Pakistan...

18. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Next year we won't have 2 GPs in Spain, Valencia GP, it will alternate with Catalunya as Spanish GP instead of European GP, so I guess this come in the place of one of this?

19. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

I don't see why they wouldn't put Argentina/Mexico/Brazil all at the same part of the calendar and stick Abu Dhabi closer to Bahrain