1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Former FSR driver, iRacing Champion looking for test ride

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Chris Hannigan, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

I'm looking for a testing opportunity in FSR for the remainder of this season. I'm exploring the idea of a full out return to the series next season, but first I need to get refamiliarized with FSR's vehicles and rFactor in general.

In the past I was signed as a testing/formula pro driver for Twister Racing back in 2008, and I competed I believe around 7-8 FSR events. I think I had somewhere around 4 or 5 top 5's in those races using extremely crude equipment, which eventually forced me out of FSR racing in mid-2008 (the computer just could not keep up on race day). I jumped to iRacing at that time doing what I could, and finally in 2010 I upgraded my hardware to fully support racing simulations, and my results reflected it.

I don't recall my stats from FSR in the past. Like I said I think I had 4-5 top 5's in 7-8 races, but here are some numbers from iRacing using the new hardware...

2010: 95 starts, 40 wins, 72 top 5's
    2011: 58 starts, 22 wins, 50 top 5's
    2012: 9 starts, 4 wins, 7 top 5's

As you can see, 2012 in iRacing has been kinda slow for me. This is mainly due to the fact I hate their new tire model, and the other bugs with the simulation have finally drove me away from it.

I had a great time with Twister Racing and FSR in 2008, and I think I'm ready to give it another go. I'm guessing that after some testing I would be a good fit for the current World Series league, but only testing can determine how fast I really am. You have to remember, I haven't used rFactor in 4 years. :D

Yes I can download the mod and test by myself, but I'm looking for the backing of a team to help with some baseline setups and feedback.

So, anyone out there want to give me a shot?

Email - djtripp20@gmail.com

Chris Hannigan