Forget MP

First off: RF2 has come a long way in many aspects since release...much of that in the past two years.
After what seemed like an eternity in getting even the smallest of glaring issues fixed for years, things suddenly changed.
Sadly, the one thing S397 cannot seem to deliver on is casual multiplayer.
Initially, it was not too difficult launching the title and getting into an online session.
Today, that seems harder than ever.
Despite checking all the boxes to select use same version...has players...same content, etc... in the multiplayer list, 95% fail to connect.
On selecting join MP session, it'll usually immediately start to download some needed component then just randomly fail...usually after successfully downloading on or more files.
During that time, the computer is also off limits.
Why has S397 failed so miserably at multiplayer, when titles like AC, ACC, RRE and even AMS2 are so easy to gain access to multiplayer?
The original Rfactor also suffered the same multiplayer niggles.

Hi Terry :(

New W10 and rF2 install few weeks ago, have not lapped for 2 months due to pedals RMA ( finally they fixed them touch wood )
I tried one of first rooms in list, downloaded 2 packages , loaded fast no problem, joined as spectator.
If you could give me rooms to try that failed.
I have Malwarebytes Pro ( Windows defender disabled) and NordVPN running in background, downloading from Steam, watching F1 Testing, burning, encoding and doing email and forums. lol :)

Untitled 1.jpg

Ignore the grey monitor was working fine, you can see my chat message.
Untitled 11.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

Tip: When you have to download packages I find it better to close MP after
download check rfmod is in mod manager boot offline and run the rfmod "series" to load content and at least boot into practice. Then go back to MP.
Untitled 2.jpg

Last edited:
Apart from having to redownload the LFM stuff on steam I've not seen any problems. There were some issues when the new patch came out but that all seems to have settled down now. I have just been using LFM though, rather than random multiplayer lobbies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.