Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack

Cars Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack 3.11

Login or Register an account to download this content
hello, thanks for mod but i cant start session with this ford sierra drift version i kinda crashes session and puts me back to main menu how can i fix this? thanks.

=LM=908GTS updated Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 Pack with a new update entry:

DTM and GrA updates + all pack fixes

What's new in this 3.1 update ?

For all cars :
- collider.ini and electronics.ini (for abs) fixed (thanks to Mikke73 for pointing these issues)
- ext_config (extension folder, it's very basical)

There was a big issue with the collider that make the cars unplayable on some tracks, now it seems ok.

DTM and GrA updates :
- new tires
- new engine
- new aero
- new fuel consumption
- new basic setup
- various tweaks

I try to make a better bop for the DTM to compete with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

My god yes!!!! I race with this car just yesterday and i was thinking i wish for an update for this pack! What a timing! Big thanks! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Many thanks for the update, what a glorious package.
A couple of questions on the DTM version:

- While the BOP works very very well with Kunos E30 and 190E, it is normal the top speed is just about 240 km/h (150 mph), regardless aero settings?

- On CSP 1.78 and basic ExtraFX on, there is an heavy blur effect from onboard view:
20221024190849_1.jpg

Disabling ExtraFX, or just TAA, "solve" the issue. Maybe something related to interior glass layers?

- While the BOP works very very well with Kunos E30 and 190E, it is normal the top speed is just about 240 km/h (150 mph), regardless aero settings?

- On CSP 1.78 and basic ExtraFX on, there is an heavy blur effect from onboard view:View attachment 611471
Disabling ExtraFX, or just TAA, "solve" the issue. Maybe something related to interior glass layers?
The top speed should be around 270 with the appropriate gear setup. The Gr A goes to 285/290.

The blurry effect is a known issue, don't where it comes from (it's probably related to glass layers or textures).

The top speed should be around 270 with the appropriate gear setup. The Gr A goes to 285/290.

The blurry effect is a known issue, don't where it comes from (it's probably related to glass layers or textures).
Thanks for the reply.

About the top speed I've done some testings in various gear setup and aero settings, but it doesn't exceed 240 on straight line. But again, it is not a problem at all, considering how well BOP is working now. So, it was just curiosity.

Thanks for the reply.

About the top speed I've done some testings in various gear setup and aero settings, but it doesn't exceed 240 on straight line. But again, it is not a problem at all, considering how well BOP is working now. So, it was just curiosity.
For the issue of the blurry windshield, I've contacted the other modder which is the 3D guy, I hope he could fix it.

I can investigate the aero because I've changed it a lot in this update. Another thing to notice is that the DTM has less power than the previous version.

- On CSP 1.78 and basic ExtraFX on, there is an heavy blur effect from onboard view:View attachment 611471
I won't be able to check it, but with the CM Showroom or object inspector you can try to pick the inner windscreen to check mesh or mat name, then add to the car's ext_config.ini:
Code:
[EXTRA_FX]
MASK_GBUFFER=mesh ; or material:mat_name (p.e, as a filter if more inner windows are affected)
If it fails or it's not optimal yet, try instead SKIP_GBUFFER or lastly DELAYED_RENDER (heavy handed approach, as it completely skips extra fx, so it's more sure to remove blur). See more info for each and more options in link.
Same for dial hands getting excessively motion blurred behind a dashboard glass obj with taa active, if affected.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

I have redone the engine (for the Gr A too), now the full power is available at more rpm and longer. The cars can run with a higher top speed (more than 250 on the nurb). No changes in the bop from what I've tried.
I'll release it with the Extra_fx/TAA fix.

Thanks both of you guys, very kind of you.

It's seems the "culprit" was internal glass_decals.
The line [MASK_GBUFFER=glass_decals] seems to solve the issue.

@AlleyViper thanks for the link, very interesting stuff that I can use for another car with similar problem.

@=LM=908GTS and thanks to you for your effort, much appreciated.

Thanks both of you guys, very kind of you.

It's seems the "culprit" was internal glass_decals.
The line [MASK_GBUFFER=glass_decals] seems to solve the issue.

@AlleyViper thanks for the link, very interesting stuff that I can use for another car with similar problem.

@=LM=908GTS and thanks to you for your effort, much appreciated.
Thanks to you, if we can't solve it by changing a texture, I'll use this tip in ext_config.ini.

ExtraFX and TAA fix + engine tweaks

What's new ?

For all cars :
- Fix the issue with ExtraFX and TAA in the ext_config.ini for CSP users (thanks to FrankN2O and AlleyViper)

For Stock, Rally, Gr A and DTM versions :
- Engines have been reworked (the maximum power is available at a higher rev)

This engine change doesn't affect the bop of the DTM, just the maximum speed.

@=LM=908GTS sorry I think it's my fault for not making more clear:

In the new ext_config.ini the line is:
[MASK_GBUFFER=glass_decals]

but it's not working, the correct one is:
[EXTRA_FX]
MASK_GBUFFER=glass_decals

I apologize!

ExtraFX and TAA fix + engine tweaks

What's new ?

For all cars :
- Fix the issue with ExtraFX and TAA in the ext_config.ini for CSP users (thanks to FrankN2O and AlleyViper)

For Stock, Rally, Gr A and DTM versions :
- Engines have been reworked (the maximum power is available at a higher rev)

This engine change doesn't affect the bop of the DTM, just the maximum speed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea