Ford Mustang vs Lotus Elite @Mojave Hills - Thu 28th March 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Ford Mustang (TC65) vs Lotus Elite (GTC65)
Track: Mojave Hills ( Download ) Length: 5.129 km

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 10 laps )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 10 laps )

Note 1: Ford Mustang and lotus Elite default liveries only please
Note 2: Odd number sign ups = MustangRace1 / Elite Race2, Even number sign ups = vice versa
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - Mustang /Elite
  2. Andrew Jarnell -Elite/ Mustang
  3. Brian Harlow - Mustang /Elite
  4. Hans Sneep -Elite/Mustang
  5. Guus Verver - Mustang /Elite
  6. Jacob Boonstra -Elite/Mustang
  7. Warren Dawes - Mustang /Elite
  8. Yves Larose -Elite/Mustang
  9. Ivor Topley - Mustang /Elite
  10. Jack Smith -Elite/Mustang
  11. Knut Omdal Tveito - Mustang /Elite
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Maaan!! all things were goin swimmingly and then when I went out briefly to swop cars, gt legends crashed and it won't get goin again... :(

Ivor, I've been having this problem regularly lately with GTL. If I leave the Server, GTL will usually crash when I try to rejoin. What I have found is that if I re-boot my PC, I usually can rejoin the server again. For this event, I ended up having to re-boot twice before I could rejoin for Race 2.
Maybe worth a try if it happens again, it's a very frustrating problem and I have tried almost everything to solve it, without success. :(

that was a fun event even if the cars were not totally match.

race 1: i was running the Elite but my qualy wasn't my best lap made many mistakes in it, then came the race and went to the grid, the countdown started and i went off the line before the Go so had to do a stop and go in the pits which screwed my race but was still fun pushing the car.

race 2: that was the most fun part since i was running the Mustang :) took the pole and this time i didn't jumped the start but i was slow going off and lost 2 places but i wasn't worried since one of the guy infront was running the Elite which i passed him pretty easely due to the speed difference on the straight. then the guy in the Mustang made a mistake opining the door wide open for me to pass him. from there i built a gap and took an easy win :)

thanks to everybody who join the event for the racing and thanks to RD and Rupe for the event :)

Yep, more good fun.
I was a bit worried about Rupe saying the cars were evenly matched when my very quick test run showed me 5 secs quicker in the Mustang, but I then found out that was mainly due to my pathetic efforts in the Elite.

I think that the "Big Bloke" upstairs may have been punishing me for racing on Good Friday (yep, I was a day ahead of the rest of you) :notworthy:. I think I made more than a years worth of mistakes in two races. :redface:.

I started out feeling ok in the Mustang, but completely cocked up Qualy by putting the car on two wheels in one turn during the out lap, then completing the job in the qualy lap by rolling the car in the same turn, this time I may have even rolled it over the wall. :rolleyes: . So started at the back, but Knut decided to keep me company. Had a few good laps with Knut but kept botching the same turn every lap, so Knut gave up racing me and decided to just take off and try to win the race. We both had an enjoyable moment breezing past poor Jack's Elite down that looong straight. Jack must have thought he was seeing double, since Knut and I were in the same livery, but he wouldn't have had much of a look at us as we were past in a flash. :p

Always enjoyable driving the Mustang, even if I was pretty hopeless during the race. Grats to Guus for the win, nice drive by Knut to almost snatch it too. WD Rupe for the podium too.

Race 2 in the Elite was almost worse (my driving that is). I think I drove the worst Qualy out lap in history, going off track at least 3 or 4 times, hitting walls, bogging it in the sand, and generally warming up every panel except the tyres. I still ended up mid-pack for the start, but immediately was pushed to the back by the "big brutes" behind, who weren't taking Elite prisoners. Had a few good laps with Rupe for a while but we were both too fond of the sand, there certainly was plenty of the stuff around this track. :whistling:
Grats to Yves for the win. WD Jacob and Jack.

Thanks Rupe, it was a nice track, maybe I should have spent some time learning how to drive it. :geek:

With a small group and very different times across the board even with us all running the same car the field would of been spread out i fear. It happens.. :(
In practice i did have the mustang on top but it tyres did slow it up near the end and i was quite close on my times within a couple of seconds a lap. so with a bigger group there could of been some close racing with some of the quicker guys in the slower cars being pushed from the slower guys in the quicker cars.. that providing you know your way around the track and can keep it on the black stuff.. it felt as thought id got lost a couple of times myself tonight:redface:
After a few laps i could see it was going to be one of those night, i just couldn't settle down..
testing with Hans and Rene the previous evening i was flying round the track with no real issues but tonight it went south..the highs and lows of racing i presume..i know i got distracted a couple of times which hasnt happened for a long while.. made a mess of both qually sessions laughing to much from t/speak. but it was funny..after that it all seemed to go south . i couldn't settle in the race making silly mistakes, i even got attacked by our new cat it was all happening ... now im sat here at 4:15 am and i cant sleep...
had good fun even if i messed up to many times..
Same story for race 2 mess up qually and started from the rear as i was making progress i had the first of many spins in the lotus .. it was a real shame as i was doing pretty good in it before and was catching the mustang in front of me slowly ... but never mind tomorrows another day ,,
now if i could only get some sleeeeeeeeeeep:sleep::sleep:

My hopes where on the Lotus en my fear on the Mustang but..

When practising with Rupe an Rene having trouble to remember the tracklayout an with the Stang there was more disaster :(.

R1 Lotus,Q was not that good,flew of track an "lap not count" so starting from p10 not a good beginning with the Lotus, after a dissent an careful start hitting a wall an lost a lot of time so the rest of the race was trying to make up time but that's hard to do so fin.on p6 "thanks"to some of the guys have to give up! Grats Guus for the Win !!

R2 Stang,
was early on the server try to have some practice with the Mustang for R2 but not getting faster then a 2.36,Q was not that well neither do to some pile up during the Q lap 2.48 give me p7 had a good start passing some Elite's an the race was going well except the one to last corner I flew off there 3 or 4 time's an loosing time again , still on p5 an found Knut with the Lotus getting closer an closer with a few laps to go bud the tyres have had it an I could not get Knut, bud still Fun to try ! not that fast but happy with 5th place an a2.33 laptime!

Grats to Yves well deserved ! Jacob an JACK !!

Thanks Rupe! (we neat more time on this track ;) ) an all who where there:cool:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies