Cars Ford GT40 MK1 1965

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to add, I wrote a review mentioning an error during startup, maybe related to what TheBigHase is experiencing. To clarify: I experienced those errors after a fresh install before deleting some of the files mentioned in the review. The game always finishes loading, but the errors also always pop up during.

i run into some texture errors but i don't know how to fix it any ideas?
Wanted to add, I wrote a review mentioning an error during startup, maybe related to what TheBigHase is experiencing. To clarify: I experienced those errors after a fresh install before deleting some of the files mentioned in the review. The game always finishes loading, but the errors also always pop up during.

i run into some texture errors but i don't know how to fix it any ideas?
I'm not a modder, just an avid mod consumer lol. And I try to keep my content folder as clean and organized as possible, to be able to throw as many cars as possible on a track keeping performance at 60fps+ and found that all of Kunos' car.kn5 files are < 50MB. Lots of mod cars are closer to 90MB, and some can balloon up to 300MB or more. With 88 cars on Spa, all unique models, the difference drags performance. LODs help a lot because they give the game smaller versions of the car at different distances down to a _D version that's usually close to 300KB.

As for the texture errors, you might want to start from the bare minimum on a single skin, add things a bit at a time and see what triggers the error.

Btw did you figure out what the ford_gt40 file without an extension is? Is it a backup or something? Same with the Textures folder's 50MB, I'm guessing these are embedded in the .kn5 model which is why I could delete them. I left the Flames folder bc the Kunos cars all seem to have one. Per Download your .rar file could be about 25% of what it currently is. Espcially if you can clean up the skins and make them smaller.

I'm not a modder, just an avid mod consumer lol. And I try to keep my content folder as clean and organized as possible, to be able to throw as many cars as possible on a track keeping performance at 60fps+ and found that all of Kunos' car.kn5 files are < 50MB. Lots of mod cars are closer to 90MB, and some can balloon up to 300MB or more. With 88 cars on Spa, all unique models, the difference drags performance. LODs help a lot because they give the game smaller versions of the car at different distances down to a _D version that's usually close to 300KB.

As for the texture errors, you might want to start from the bare minimum on a single skin, add things a bit at a time and see what triggers the error.

Btw did you figure out what the ford_gt40 file without an extension is? Is it a backup or something? Same with the Textures folder's 50MB, I'm guessing these are embedded in the .kn5 model which is why I could delete them. I left the Flames folder bc the Kunos cars all seem to have one. Per Download your .rar file could be about 25% of what it currently is. Espcially if you can clean up the skins and make them smaller.

i'm very new to modding and i have no clue how to decrease file size for the skins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back