Force India Drivers Underrated?!?!?!?!

I want to know what the forum thinks because I personally think that Paul and Adrian are quite good drivers who get unlucky especially Paul. They are one of my favourite teams. I also think that if Paul could get a drive at Lotus he would be one of the top runners in F1 world drivers championship but these are just my opinions. :D

If you don't mind me asking can you explain why? I'm not trying to be mean sorry if it sounds like it :D

I just don't think Sutil and Di Resta are good enough to deserve to drive for one of the top teams. They've had their good moments but they make too many mistakes and are too inconsistent.

I'd say Sutil is more consistent than Di Resta, not by much though.

Sutil could have had a lot more points had he not engaged in a "stupid" vendetta on track with Lewis Hamilton.
He should have been taken in and given a stern warning the first time he did it.
It not just about him.
His decisions in the car influence what the team overall does to it's personnel.
Loss of points means loss of dollars, which can equate to having to fire employees etc....
FI is a team effort and points mean money. You don't give them away unnecessarily.

When you compare Di Resta first few seasons with others, like Grosjean or Maldonado, he hasn't made an awful amount of mistakes. I think Paul can get a lot of speed out of a good cat, but can't seem to get the same kind of performance out of a slower car. His record prior to F1 is very good; He was always a frontrunner in DTM and beat a certain Sebastian Vettel in Formula 3. To be honest I'm quite confused as to why he hasn't performed better.

I think Paul can get a lot of speed out of a good cat, but can't seem to get the same kind of performance out of a slower car.

I think this is his problem. The problem he has is that he doesn't really cope with pressure well; and I'm not talking about pressure from drivers during a race, I'm talking about about media pressure and pressure from teams. He revelled in the early year performance the car had and you could see from his demeanour that he was comfortable in the team but now the performance has decreased so has his confidence. This is partly the reason why I think he is well suited to a top team.

Di Resta is just awful. I'm sorry but someone has to say. He pootles round like it's a sunday drive all the time. Going for some smart arse strategy, instead of driving the wheels off it.

He has been beaten by his team mate every season now. He has no qualifying pace proved by Hulkenberg last season and emphasised this season by his lack lustre grid positions and being out Q'd and out scored by Sutil. Sutil, who lets not forget has had a year out, and lost his drive in the first place because he wasn't good enough.

Di Resta has just proven to be another run of the mill. Great promise but can't cut it where it counts.

Di Resta is just awful. I'm sorry but someone has to say. He pootles round like it's a sunday drive all the time. Going for some smart arse strategy, instead of driving the wheels off it.

He has been beaten by his team mate every season now. He has no qualifying pace proved by Hulkenberg last season and emphasised this season by his lack lustre grid positions and being out Q'd and out scored by Sutil. Sutil, who lets not forget has had a year out, and lost his drive in the first place because he wasn't good enough.

Di Resta has just proven to be another run of the mill. Great promise but can't cut it where it counts.

Oh yeah, shown to have no pace by Hulkenberg last year even though they both had the same average qualifying position; 11.45. Look up the facts before making assumptions next time.

• Not sure what smart arse strategies you're talking about
  • He is currently beating sutil in both qualifying and in the standings, so I'm not sure where you're getting your information
  • If he really is that bad then why is he often mentioned by other teams as a potential driver?
Di Resta is a very good driver, its just that Hulkenburg is exceptional.

I find Di Resta very overrated to be honest. Outpaced by Sutil most of the time (who is a solid racer) and so far hasn't scored any really impressive results.

He was more dominant in his DTM days to be honest.

personally i prefer Di Resta over Sutil, his only let down is his consistency, especially this season

i still rate Di Resta better than Sutil though, I don't like Sutils driving, i think he's a dirty driver and impatient which costs him

personally i prefer Di Resta over Sutil, his only let down is his consistency, especially this season

i still rate Di Resta better than Sutil though, I don't like Sutils driving, i think he's a dirty driver and impatient which costs him

I don't think Sutil is a dirty driver at all.
Also the performance of drivers imo rely a lot on the current charateristics of the car
and atm Force India's (only) strength is, that they can make the tires last on an acceptable level for a very long time, so it would be stupid for them not to do these kind of strategies.

Also you can't forget that driving on the edge on older tires is generaly more risky, so it isn't that unusual that DiResta had some offs this season, since he is usually the guy always trying less pitstops (mainly because Sutil has the edge at qualyfing most times).

I think as soon as Force India gets a car together that is stronger on pure laptimes again, Sutil will be the faster of the two.

I find Di Resta very overrated to be honest. Outpaced by Sutil most of the time (who is a solid racer) and so far hasn't scored any really impressive results.

He was more dominant in his DTM days to be honest.

I think Di Resta was overrated to begin with but now I feel so many people say that he is overrated that he is now underrated (weird, right?).

I can't agree with you on not scoring any impressive results; I can think of 3 very impressive drives off the top of my head:

1. Bahrain 2012
  2. Singapore 2012
  3. Bahrain 2013 (his closest result to a podium)

I don't think Sutil is a dirty driver at all.
Also the performance of drivers imo rely a lot on the current charateristics of the car
and atm Force India's (only) strength is, that they can make the tires last on an acceptable level for a very long time, so it would be stupid for them not to do these kind of strategies.

Also you can't forget that driving on the edge on older tires is generaly more risky, so it isn't that unusual that DiResta had some offs this season, since he is usually the guy always trying less pitstops (mainly because Sutil has the edge at qualyfing most times).

I think as soon as Force India gets a car together that is stronger on pure laptimes again, Sutil will be the faster of the two.

I think Di Resta is better than Sutil when the car is working well, when the car is not so good its quite close between them. In terms of qualifying Di Resta had a bad run for a few races but for the most part he has been quicker.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back