1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Flying start in Formula vs AI?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Jeffry in t Veld, Jan 22, 2014.

1. So, it never explained when you start a race against the Formula cars, how to do a flying start, aka, a boost or just a normal start, i can't find out how to do it. The rest of the grid speeds off in mach 1, while there am i still going 60. Can someone explain to me how to get a good start?

2. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium Member

When the 3rd light turns off, floor it and you will gat a power boost off the starting line,just like mario kart. :p

Sorry i could not resist.

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium Member

As far as I can tell you just wait a few seconds after the red lights go out shift into first and slip the clutch enough to avoid wheel spin. Time it right and you can get off the line pretty well. Otherwise go slow and stay out of the way so you don't get creamed in the first corner. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. What if player has a wheel with no clutch ??

5. Indeed, i never use a clutch, too big feet. :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Just floor it and shift into first when the lights go out. Pretty simple.

7. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

I hold most cars at around 70-80% throttle, I use the clutch on h shifter cars but on sequential gearboxes I just stay at about 70-80% throttle and slap it into first when the lights go out and quickly go full throttle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yes, once in while, you may even get a faster start than the field. Full power, grab first as soon as the lights go out and ease up just a bit on the gas once rolling to gain traction.

• Agree Agree x 1