1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flip a track (import gps data)

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by KieferDJW, Jun 8, 2012.

1. I was trying to import some gps data to BTB and on the beginning it looks really good.
    But then I've noticed that the whole track (the nodes) was horizontally mirrored. :(
    I only found the option to rotate a track... Can BTB flip a track too?

Thanks in advance

PS: I've got to use Longitude, Latitude, Height as Import Data Setting - but that shouldn't matter
  2. Mmh, if nobody has an idea it seems that I've got to find the solution by myself ;)
    Well it wasn't a big thing. My gps-prog messed the columns (Longitude <-> Latitude) while converting the data to a csv-file, so that the result was a mirrored track...

Maybe it would help someone else with the same problem...
  3. Not a lot of people have experience with GPS data. I haven't got a clue.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Me too, before I've started getting into it yesterday. Oh, it isn't that tricky.
    I'm using a Garmin Edge, that I've bought primary for roadbikeraces.
    And with its help, after exporting the tracked data I've got a smooth layout in 2 min. :thumbsup:
    Now I can make every lovely part of my hometown to a racetrack!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If wanted, I can make a short guide for you...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Went & got myself a mountain of route data the other week via a Navman GPS navigator thingy....
    Unfortunately the data is in collada & Ive got to delete all the lettering out of it before I can even convert it into CSV or anything else (Ive so far had no luck using the CSV side of BTB's Route Data Import tool too...)
    Wish I knew what I was doing with it all or had a guide to go by!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Could you may upload or send the origin and converted gps-data?
    I'll see what I can do...
  8. I'll try & upload them later if you like but there's over a dozen files & Ive no idea which one is which until they've been converted & I can check them out/edit them in 3D Route Builder....
    Thanks for the offer, I'll PM you tonight (about 6hours from this post...)