1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Fixed] Post rating (temporary) disabled

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bram, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

We have installed the post rating modification a while back to give users an extra option to leave feedback on quality posts.

While at first the system was used as designed and well received as of late there are a growing number of people blatantly abusing the system by downvoting threads of certain users without ever explaining why.

As we are primarily a discussion forum where people can agree and disagree with each other and discuss certain topics the post ratings were installed as a bonus feature not to replace posts in a discussion.

Unfortunately it's costing our staff too much time on daily basis to deal with this abuse.

Until we find a way to deal with the abuse we are putting the post ratings on hold and revert back to the build in likes system.

We hope you understand this decision.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Good decision in my opinion. Sometimes you get users who are unnecessarily volatile towards other users, and I dislike their posts - the reason would be pretty blatant if you just read their posts, so no explanation necessary from my side - and then a few hours later I find that they've gone onto my profile, opened my last 5 or 10 or whatever posts, and disliked them all.

I've seen this happen to numerous other users too. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Timmieturner12

Timmieturner12
    Premium Member

Yes I think the like system is a good one as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows.. Premium Member

you could've removed only the dislike and disagree ratings then :p

I prefered the old rating system, even with the abuse (which happened to me aswell a couple of times :whistling: ). As I said above, maybe removing just dislike and disagree temporarily would solve the issue (temporarily) too while still giving other users the extra options to leave positive feedback on other posts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Indeed that was the case for me too and i admit that i agree/disagree with some post without an explanation....
    You can leave the Agree and Funny ratings..this way if someone doesnt agree with you...he can rate it as funny hehehehe

• Like Like x 2
  6. If at all possible, it would be great to have the option to give nuanced 'likes', because while I might disagree with someone, I still have the option of marking his posts 'informative' (or 'creative', 'optimistic' or 'funny' if I were so inclined) insofar as it gives me insight into why his position differs from mine and that, despite of this, I still recognise his input as being relevant to the discussion at hand.

The dislike and disagree buttons are probably better left out, though, for the reasons you already outlined. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Finally getting rid of that silly system. Nice one. I was fed up up with stalkers giving dislikes to me. I even got one when I said it was a nice day. :thumbsup::whistling:

Perhaps a "thank you" icon is useful?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

@ermo
    Well, just make a repost than and write down WHY you are thinking it is : Informative etc.............:O_o:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

Maybe just a condensed number of ratings could be used.
    Like, Agree, Winner and Informative were extremely useful, and would be a nice small amount for usage.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows.. Premium Member

isn't that what I said too? Just get rid of the dislike/disagree ratings and leave the rest :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Timmieturner12

Timmieturner12
    Premium Member

Cuz now I have to write down that I agree with him, whilst having a agree rate is way easier

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Agree

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. But how will I now say "creative".

• Like Like x 1
  14. Funny

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium Member

Bummer! I really liked the old system with those many opportunities to rate a post.
    However, as it happens often in life the "normal" people are harmed by the ones, who misuse this system. Thx for that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

You just did :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

Surely that then becomes post spamming

• Like Like x 2
  18. Frank