Fix for Hockenheim Short (GTR 2 Steam)

Apparently the issue has to do with the xsector GMTs. Those I modified with 3d SimEd work, original ones I extracted from the GTR2 won't. The original GMTs are identical between Retail and Steam versions. Why they don't work on Steam is still not clear to me.

This is the package with the fix (site does not allow to upload zips, so I uploaded it to my DropBox): https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2gib...-Fix.zip?rlkey=q5i8qxbth6omitgq48pfz8j66&dl=0
I also included the original GMTs (which won't work) and the ones I modified in 3d SimEd. The ones I modified have increased height; xsector1 was particularly low. @The Iron Wolf thinks the issue may have to do with units of measurement being different between Steam and Retail executables.

Do know that the fix might be causing an online mismatch most likely, but this track is also broken beyond repair in Steam in its stock form for any online use. You can apply the fix also to the HQ version of the track by @GTR233 as long as you rename the referenced xsectorX.gmt files to xsectorXSH.gmt in the relevant .trk file. We can't use the original filenames as they would override those of the GP layout otherwise.

Needless to say, GTR233 is free to include the fix on future versions of the HQ patch. Thank you so much for your work on it!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back