First wheel advice!

Hey guys I need your help/guidance.
I play formula 1 games on my pc for 2 years now on a Xbox one game pad and since tomorrow is the launch of the new game I have decided to buy a wheel.

First of all, I haven’t played any other games but I might if I have a decent wheel... So a three pedal option is recommended.

Second, I have the budget for an entry level wheel. I have seen reviews about the G29’s and t150’s Of the world and I think I am at that price range.

The thing is that I know mostly thrustmasters have better ffb but are totally unreliable... I don’t want to buy something that I know will expire in a year.

What would you recommend for a first wheel?
I may find a second hand t300 alcantara for 320€ but it’s above my budget :(

What would you recommend for a first wheel?
I may find a second hand t300 alcantara for 320€ but it’s above my budget :(
You can find a cheaper version of T300...anyway the best choice in this price range!
Later you can upgrade with add-ons.
I have the alcantara version...the base highly recommended because of the FFB. So smooth, precise.
Of course the basic version isn't the high-end but upgradeable by add-ons.

Upvote 0
I have owned a lot of the Logitech Wheels in the last 20 years. Not one has ever given me issues. Most recently owning the G25, G27, and G29. Looking back I had no regrets with my choice and the immersion was great. Plus the Logitech can usually be had on sale for less in most cases.

I have personally stayed away from the Thrustmaster units, even though the FFB is supposedly smoother. It came down the the issues with reliablity, but always take what you read on forums with a grain of salt. FYI, my when I picked up my G29. I actually had to replace it within my return period of 30 days due to the fact it wouldn't calibrate on my PC or my PS4 Pro. The replacement at the store has worked flawlessly and my brother in-law, whom of which I sold it to hasn't had any issues.

I found if you took the time to make those adjustments in your FFB settings. The Logitech setup can really do a great job. However, this last wheel change I ended up going with a Fanatec Wheel and have to say it was hands down one of the best choices I made.

The G29 was also one of the wheels I felt like I really didn't need to mod like I did with the G27, but if you want a lot of the mods cross over.

With all of this said, I would look at what your long terms goals are going to be. How you are going to set it all up. If you can save just a little bit more if you're serious about this. Get a better wheel if you can. In no order G29, T300RS, or Fanatec CSL Elite

Upvote 0
If you think you're crossing over to a PC, only Thrustmaster will do. The Logitech gear mechanism was fine back in the G25 to G29 days, but since 2013, it has paled in comparison to belt drive wheels.

Upvote 0
If you think you're crossing over to a PC, only Thrustmaster will do. The Logitech gear mechanism was fine back in the G25 to G29 days, but since 2013, it has paled in comparison to belt drive wheels.

Upvote 0
I have personally stayed away from the Thrustmaster units, even though the FFB is supposedly smoother. It came down the the issues with reliablity, but always take what you read on forums with a grain of salt.

The problem with comments on forums is that you only tend to see the complaints/problems. You don't see posts entitled "My wheel is working normally" - those with problems tend to be much more vocal than those without. Even if you counted every person that complains about Thrustmaster (and there are as many complaining about Logitech and Fanatec wheels), that would probably still be a very tiny percentage of the userbase. I have a T300 and it's worked flawlessly since I bought it.

Upvote 0
The problem with comments on forums is that you only tend to see the complaints/problems. You don't see posts entitled "My wheel is working normally" - those with problems tend to be much more vocal than those without. Even if you counted every person that complains about Thrustmaster (and there are as many complaining about Logitech and Fanatec wheels), that would probably still be a very tiny percentage of the userbase. I have a T300 and it's worked flawlessly since I bought it.

What kind of t300 ? I ask because there are many... and how much do you think I can buy one of these ?

Upvote 0
I started with a T150 and didn't have a lick of problems with it. Totally agree with @maelstrom. What you read on forums tend to be just the negative feedback. There are several on this forum that totally have written off Fanatec yet I have had zero problems with all of their products and am a total fanboy. There is a reason why these companies are successful. If they put out nothing but junk or are as half as bad as some will state, they would not still be in business.

Buy from a reputable source so if you do have any problems you can easily return the unit.

Upvote 0
What kind of t300 ? I ask because there are many... and how much do you think I can buy one of these ?

I have the T300RS GT Edition which comes with the T3PA pedals. The T150 Pro also comes with the T3PA pedals - you can get it new in the UK for about £170 if you shop around. The cheapest that I've seen the T300RS GT is around £280 new.

Upvote 0
Yeah I live in Greece and unfortunately here if you dont live in the capital you can't find second hand things easily... The cheapest thing I found is a second hand t300 rs gt for 230€ and with 50 more the alcantara one.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back