First timer how to get started

Hi all, Thought id post on here has the people who send the e-mails from iracing seem to have to stick to a script, Just a few questions i have about the game.

1- As i am from the UK is it possible to still play this game
2- Is there a trial version anywhere so i can make sure the software works ok
3- Differences between this and r factor

Thanks all

Hi all, Thought id post on here has the people who send the e-mails from iracing seem to have to stick to a script, Just a few questions i have about the game.

1- As i am from the UK is it possible to still play this game

Of course, loads of British members and hosted races constantly run for England Club members every week.

2- Is there a trial version anywhere so i can make sure the software works ok

No, if the software doesn't work ok then there would have to be something wrong with your PC, there are a LOT of members who have it working ok. Your best bet is to either get one month for $5 or 3 months for $12. Here's a list of promo codes, some still work, some might not.

3- Differences between this and r factor

Everything really, tracks are better than anything else out there by a long way, constantly updated with new features and content, FFB is pretty much the best around and the cars drive very well too. Community and staff on the whole are great too.

Thanks all

Answers in bold.

Be prepared to be slow. I joined in Jan'11. took a spin in the MX5- (easy to drive) on Laguna-Seca (track I know from several sims)
Did about 10 practice laps and wow, i think got 1.55.xxx thinking that was good.....
I went into a practice server... saw times of 1:41.xxx....
These are fixed setup cars....I was blown away.
It's amazing how good, and fast some drivers are. and don't worry, you'll race with people more your level... and its the best racing experience I've had since Nascar 2 in our office in '98 or so with our keyboards. but its humbling at first.

I agree this Anthony, Im an average driver, nothing special (normally in the top half of the field) and I still havnt won in Road races yet but I have still had loads of fun racing.

Once you get to D Class you will get an iRating so you will always race with similar level drivers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back