PC2 First News of Project CARS 2 DLC Packs Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 DLC and Pre Order Details Revealed.png

Well the game isn't out until around September 2017 but already we get our first look at some of the DLC due to be added to Project CARS 2 post go live later this year...

DLC or additional paid content is now seen as an essential way to extend the life expectancy and financial position of a game long after the original release, be it on console or PC and regardless of genre. Some love this new found industry policy and some yearn for the days of buying a physical disk in the shop and having the full and final package available from day one. However in 2017 DLC content post release is as inevitable as a poor Jeremy Clarkson pun or a misjudged Ferrari pitstop strategy, and Project CARS 2 will be no different from it's immediate PC and console rivals in that respect, with fresh news of some upcoming DLC packs that should be made available for the game once it releases toward the end of 2017.

Coming to light as part of the pre-order details surrounding the title, fans have now been made aware of two new DLC packs due to be added to the simulation and they contain a nice mix of iconic road and racing cars.

Following on from the trend started by Assetto Corsa, one of the packs coming to Project CARS 2 will focus on cars of a Japanese origin, with four attractive sounding machines from the land of the rising sun due to make their way to the sim, mixing up desirable road and race machines of both the real and concept car variety. The Japanese pack has come to light as it is due to form part of the package available to players who purchase the 'Project CARS 2 Ultra Edition' and as such individual DLC pack prices and release dates remain unannounced at this moment in time. You can check out the details of the cars due to be included below -

Japanese Car Pack:
  • Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car
  • The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
  • Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance
As part of the same 'Ultra Edition' pre order deal, details of another exclusive release package have surfaced in the form of the Motorsports Pack DLC, however this collection of cars will not be released for the general public to purchase and will instead release as exclusive content to players who buy either the Ultra Edition, Collectors Edition or DLC Season Pass licence. Again containing four cars, the 'Motorsports Pack' is limited to some incredible racing cars of years past, from the 1974 Jaguar E-Type to the very recent TCR specification Opel (Vauxhall over here in Blighty) Astra TCR, a first official inclusion of a TCR specification car in a modern racing simulation. You can check out the contents of the exclusive 'Motorsports Pack' DLC below -

Motorsports Pack (Exclusive to Season Pass owners and/or Collector’s, and/or Ultra Edition owners).
  • The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
  • The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
  • The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM
  • The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster
Additionally as has become normal practice in the gaming industry SMS will be making available a 'Season Pass' opportunity for gamers who anticipate purchasing all the DLC for Project CARS 2. Much like with other modern games, the Season Pass will be priced at a lower cost that purchasing each DLC individually and will make available all new DLCs plus some exclusive content mentioned above immediately upon release of the relevant pack.

Season Pass
"Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released at no charge"

For those of you interested in the limited edition 'Ultra Edition' Project CARS 2, the game is available to pre order on all platforms now and contains the following features:
  • Limited to only 1,000 copies
  • Includes the full Project CARS 2 game in an exclusively designed, premium-packaged Steelbook™ case, the world’s most sought-after collectable packaging
  • A 1/12 scale resin model car of the gorgeous McLaren 720S in one-off SMS-R Stealth Satin
  • The McLaren 720S Sketchbook: Take a unique journey through the development of this ground-breaking supercar. Exclusively created in partnership with the design team from McLaren, the book lifts the covers on the making of the 720S, including never-before-seen early sketches and models, clays and renders, and guides you all the way through to the final production of McLaren’s new supercar
  • The Project Cars 2 Art Book: A beautifully crafted book that takes you behind the scenes to reveal how the raw excitement of the racing world has been brought to life in the virtual realm. Featuring exclusive images taken throughout the development process, the 200-page book demonstrates the immense attention to detail that is the hallmark of the game, whilst showcasing the stunning new cars and true-to-life locations that make this the world’s premiere motorsports game
  • The Esport Live VIP Pass: Present this pass to any Slightly Mad Studios, or Bandai Namco staff member at Project CARS Esports live events anywhere in the world, and you will be treated to the full benefits that come from being a Project CARS VIP. Meet the team, jump to the front of the queue, or maybe even pick up some free swag!
  • An individually-numbered, embroidered Snapback cap
  • A stunning Project CARS 2 poster signed by the SMS team as well as the real-world drivers who make up Team SMS-R
  • A Project CARS 2 Sticker Sheet: Unique and stunning Project CARS, SMS-R, and Esports imagery and iconography
  • The exclusive Japanese Cars Pack. Revel in iconic JDM machinery with this added content that features four cars from iconic Japanese manufacturers Honda and Nissan:
  • Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car
  • The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
  • Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance
  • The Season Pass: Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released at no charge
  • The Motorsport Pack*: Exclusively available to Season Pass holders, this exclusive, bonus pack of fan-favourite race cars includes:
  • The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
  • The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
  • The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM
  • The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster
    *This content is not available for purchase, and only available to Season Pass holders, and/or Collector’s, and/or Ultra Edition owners

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for a release around September 2017 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well as on PC via the Steam network.

Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 21.jpg

Want to know more about Project CARS 2? Fancy chatting to fellow game enthusiasts about what is known so far, or simply just to speculate on what the game could feature on release? Well look no further! Head over to the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with the community discussion right now!

Like the look of the first announced DLC's? Any car strike your fancy particularly? Will you be digging deep in the pockets for the Ultra Edition of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Then a couple of months after release... Sorry guys no Nintendo support... flipping the bird to those Kickstarter backers who actually paid to have this on Nintendo (irrespective whether the platform could handle it. Lesson: Don't promise something unless you are 100% certain you can deliver especially when people pay upfront to back your game based on that particular expectation) A refund is NOT good enough because those customers will never come back even having moved on to other platforms.

Can people just stop using this argument? I know it's so nice of people backing up those poor Nintendo supporter, but they were really a minority, I'm not even sure if they were more than 10 of them. And SMS never "flipped the bird" to them, they actually tried to make it run on this console. However, the way they annouced that they canceled it was terrible, can't deny that.

Oh BTW triple screen as we had promised in our Kicksetarter campaign (which obviously failed dismally and we ran out of money - OOPS, sorry about that) Will not see the light of day in PC1.

They were going to release it in a patch later, but the guy that was working on it unfortunately decided to quit SMS not long after the release of the game. Sh*t happen sometimes.

LAST STRAW: Just after the PC1 release "Guess what guys PC2 is coming to a friendly neighborhood Steam server near you with TRIPLE SCREEN SUPPORT + all the other features that didn't make it into PC1 (read PC2 paid Beta testing program). BTW we are starting another Kickstarter campaign so, we would like some more of your money allowing you to engage in another involuntary (but really intimate) prison shower experience, whilst you are picking up some PC2 branded powdered soap in the process" You may feel some slight discomfort.

Ok this is just silly. What is up with those sexual comments I'm often reading nowadays. Is that really how low the sim community is willing to go?

So...let me get this straight: People in here are spending $3-10K on sim rigs, including $400 for a Fanatec rim (!?) and multiple hundred dollars on silly button boxes. Plus $12 per car/track in iRacing plus $60-90 a year on a subscription for a game they don't even own and can't even play offline. On top of that they buy into eternal science projects with minimal content and minimal functionality...full price...no complaints, no questions asked...

Around comes Bandai Namco, announcing totally optional special editions and pre order incentives for a new $60 feature complete game to run on these sim rigs. A game that offers almost parity in content numbers between cars and tracks in the base package, a comprehensive single player mode, integrated league management, features for broadcasting and more.

By the way: We're talking DLC that everybody most likely (as in PCars1) will be able to play online anyways, as long as the host has bought and installed the DLC.

The reaction? Dishonest, bigot outcry. Conspiracy theories, staff members acting as cheerleaders for the lunatic fringe and personal insults towards anybody that dares to have a different perspective.

With regards to 'money grabbing': ISI is throwing the towel, hands rFactor 2 over to some enthusiasts in the Netherlands. Kunos sells their operation for peanuts to a shovelware publisher. Simbin tries to survive after their failed free2play experiment. Reiza is selling a collection of rFactor mods (in its 4th iteration) for retail and iRacing struggles to make any money, despite their steep pricing model and world of warcraft- like online mmorpg opiate.

That is the reality if you're exclusively dealing with 'super serious sim customers' as a business model and every single one of them is trying to get away from that.

Please provide 1 AAA game within the last 10 years that is 100% bug free - you can't fix every bug in an AAA game is a fact - every developer will tell you that. period.

You should rather stop bringing nonsense responses - first your response had nothing to do with what you quoted - second now you bring arguments which are complete nonsense ... community CAN'T fix bugs, they have no access to the gamecode, only devs can ; community can find and report bugs only

You know nothing about game development it seems.

1. AAA Game - First of all, Project CARS is NOT a AAA game. Know your game before you talk NON-SENSE.

2. Community CAN'T FIX BUGS - What are you, a 12-year-old kid? Please - Most PC Gamers who have been into the Racing Sim on PCs for the passed 5-10 years or more know that you can fix a game's bug even without the developers' help. I don't even have to name a few since there are many out there even up to the latest titles - racing games or NON-RACING GAMES (There's even one unofficial fix that supports DRM).

I'll give you TWO BIG examples for SHIFT2U (a game that is way older than pCARS using the same game engine)

1. NoGrip's Unofficial Community Patch fixes a lot, I mean A LOT to even list then all.

https://bitbucket.org/ermo/s2u_ucp/wiki/Changelist

2. G TYRES TRUE GRIP - let alone this unofficial patch mod fixes the ARCADE-ISH tires the game into an almost real tire behavior, but it also fixes the infamous "MAGNET/GLUE Glitch ON CARS UPON COLLIDING" by completely removing it on any S2U cars - a bug that SMS never fixed on SHIFT2U that even existed on pCARS.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=44213

So if you are still persistent about telling me that the "Community Can't Fix Bugs" - you are in for a VERY RUDE AWAKENING.

You can get everything R3E has to offer at the moment for about 65 euro I believe. Wouldn't call that "very expensive", given that it's very close to a price of your average AAA game. It's also only about 15 euro more than PCars GOTY costs *right now*, two years after release.

You can also save *a lot* of money on R3E if you're smart about how you buy your content. You get some pretty big discounts if you buy packages that contain stuff you already own. For example, I can currently pay about 35 euro for the rest of the European tracks I don't own just yet if I buy them individually...or I can pay 15 euro for all of them if I buy the European pack, since I already own some of its content and so have 80 % discount on it.

Also don't forget the fact that you only have to own a single car in a class to be able to enter races in that class. Compare this with say AC where you have to own every single car on the grid to be able to enter a race.

Really don't understand why people always consider R3E expensive. In fact it's one of the most fair priced games I can think of.

R3E is only cheap when you first start buying the game via the Premium Pack. The cost escalates from cheap to incredibly expensive after you bought the Premium pack because the pack is not buyable again. You may pay $65 for the Premium pack, your subsequent purchases goes up with $3 to $4.50 per car with one livery. At the end, you only can get content from either individual purchases or packs if they decided to make packs for it.

I had been playing R3E for almost 2 years. The value of money I got from my first $100 was incredible with almost the content of the whole game, even without the cheap premium packs now. However, my second $100 on the game got me probably a fraction of the content with a few tracks and cars.

There are issues with the game's business model, unfortunately. At this rate of content release, I might as well start a new R3E account every 2 years that would save me more money in the long run.

Last edited:
So...let me get this straight: People in here are spending $3-10K on sim rigs, including $400 for a Fanatec rim (!?) and multiple hundred dollars on silly button boxes. Plus $12 per car/track in iRacing plus $60-90 a year on a subscription for a game they don't even own and can't even play offline. On top of that they buy into eternal science projects with minimal content and minimal functionality...full price...no complaints, no questions asked...

Around comes Bandai Namco, announcing totally optional special editions and pre order incentives for a new $60 feature complete game to run on these sim rigs. A game that offers almost parity in content numbers between cars and tracks in the base package, a comprehensive single player mode, integrated league management, features for broadcasting and more.

By the way: We're talking DLC that everybody most likely (as in PCars1) will be able to play online anyways, as long as the host has bought and installed the DLC.

The reaction? Dishonest, bigot outcry. Conspiracy theories, staff members acting as cheerleaders for the lunatic fringe and personal insults towards anybody that dares to have a different perspective.

With regards to 'money grabbing': ISI is throwing the towel, hands rFactor 2 over to some enthusiasts in the Netherlands. Kunos sells their operation for peanuts to a shovelware publisher. Simbin tries to survive after their failed free2play experiment. Reiza is selling a collection of rFactor mods (in its 4th iteration) for retail and iRacing struggles to make any money, despite their steep pricing model and world of warcraft- like online mmorpg opiate.

That is the reality if you're exclusively dealing with 'super serious sim customers' as a business model and every single one of them is trying to get away from that.

The reason behind this is simple because SMS and Bandai Namco is doing this. SMS is the devil of the racing games industry.

If we replace SMS with Kunos, Bandai Namco with 505 Games or any other darling sweethearts of the community, no one would bat an eye. Kunos did this idiotic preorder 2 DLC nonsense with their console release, no one complained about it while it seemed like everyone had forgotten that even Pcars 1 had 2 day 1 DLCs that essentially came with the game for every copy sold.

Its 21€ if you look at the right place (keyseller)

Automobilista and all its DLCs are around 35€ at Steam
Project CARS and all its DLCs are around 50€ at Steam
Assetto Corsa and all its DLCs are over 75€ at Steam
Raceroom and all its DLCs are around 100€ at Steam
iRacing and all its DLCs are more than 1000€

So if you take Steam prices, Project CARS has one of the best price ratios

I already busted multiple of his accusations and unveiled them as completely untrue ...
Just read one of my previous posts. Ie. bad AMD GPU performance is infact fault of AMD itself because at around that time they gave **** about their customers and did have very poorly optimized GPU drivers at pretty much all games.
For me 95% is spot on ... 5% because there was little truth in it (ie. FFB being not so good - its not poor as hell though, otherwise iRacing and every simcade would have what? Worse than hell?) - honestly In a normal forum this guy would have gotten a time out, but we're not a normal forum here, we're at Racedepartment ...

Unwilling to accept critism? Are you blind? I stated multiple times that PCARS has bugs in it ... I also said that releasing a game with so many bugs is really sh**** .... but just keep ignoring that ... because you just want to bash and hate on PCARS ... idk why - is it because youre bored? Youre a fanboy of a game that lost customers to SMS? Jealousy because a crowdfunded game pretty much had a big impact in sim community?

@Graham Botha:
What you wrote has nothing to do with honesty - I would rather call it: Spreading lies - because thats what it is.
Everyone can check if its true what you said - and will come to the same conclusion as me. But no one cares about that here. This thread has become worse than some comment sections at prc.
If that is the way you see it then...Well, my case is made and there is nothing more to say as I doubt you are willing to see it in any other way than you want to see it. Objectivity be dammed.

Let's just agree that you think you are correct and leave it at that.

• Deleted member 113561

1. AAA Game - First of all, Project CARS is NOT a AAA game. Know your game before you talk NON-SENSE.

2. Community CAN'T FIX BUGS - What are you, a 12-year-old kid? Please - Most PC Gamers who have been into the Racing Sim on PCs for the passed 5-10 years or more know that you can fix a game's bug even without the developers' help. I don't even have to name a few since there are many out there even up to the latest titles - racing games or NON-RACING GAMES (There's even one unofficial fix that supports DRM).

I'll give you TWO BIG examples for SHIFT2U (a game that is way older than pCARS using the same game engine)

1. NoGrip's Unofficial Community Patch fixes a lot, I mean A LOT to even list then all.

https://bitbucket.org/ermo/s2u_ucp/wiki/Changelist

2. G TYRES TRUE GRIP - let alone this unofficial patch mod fixes the ARCADE-ISH tires the game into an almost real tire behavior, but it also fixes the infamous "MAGNET/GLUE Glitch ON CARS UPON COLLIDING" by completely removing it on any S2U cars - a bug that SMS never fixed on SHIFT2U that even existed on pCARS.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=44213

So if you are still persistent about telling me that the "Community Can't Fix Bugs" - you are in for a VERY RUDE AWAKENING.
Thanks for proving my point that you know nothing :D Thanks for exposing yourself like that

1. Yes it is .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_(video_game_industry) ... it also fits perfectly the definition ... and a budget of more than 4 million Euros is a lot ... Project CARS 2 has very probably a lot more ... Project CARS 1 & 2 are AAA Games
As youre not the brightest: Just google Project CARS AAA Game? ... and you find enough proofing my point.

2. Those are NOT bug fixes, those are game modifications, in which they change tire behavior and modify the physics of the car. If youre into modding with PCARS you would know that you can modify physics / tires / chassis / collision etc. or even import cars from other games (ie. Assetto Corsa).
Has nothing to do with bug fixing. Bug fixing would be ie. to fix the camber bug, for that you would have to fix it in the engine (mostly).
SMS said and believed at that time that glueing / magnet effect is a real life occurance - thereby its not a bug but a wrong design decision. Though they gonna change it for Project CARS 2.

P.s. Seeing there is possibly 1 fix in it: speedofixit v2 - but not sure what it exactly is.
The rest of the mod you gave me are personal preference changes to the default game package.
If they make the game more realistic is possible but you can't know ... most modders think what they produce is good but in reality less than 5% of the mods are good.

There are other examples of community really fixing a game - but its super rare and took them a lot of time ... as far as I'm aware there is no racing game of the last 10 years that got real bug fixing by a community - not even Shift 2.

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 113561

Merchandise like this as DLC far before a game released either shows that money is gone or they try to justify the bad gameplay quality...
I think its the latter one
So we can conclude:
Destiny = Bad? Star Citizen = Bad? Battlefield = Bad? Fallout = Bad? Dead Space = Bad?
Call of Duty = Bad? Assassins Creed = Bad? Watch Dogs = Bad? The Last of Us = Bad?
etc. etc. etc.

Its called good marketing ... and SMS doesn't do the marketing, Bandai Namco does.

Hey, you do have some valid points :thumbsup:. The Nintendo thing has got to do more with principle than anything else, so it's a bit like not seeing the forest for the trees as it were. They did a lot of work to get it going on that platform, they couldn't get it working and dropped it. The fact of the matter is that the title was technically out of scope when it comes to what that system was capable of and that was no secret. So, if you as an organization are pushing resources into getting a product on to a technologically "inferior" platform in relation to your originally intended platform, then don't punt it because of the reputational risk relating to your product and business. Under commit and over deliver = customer satisfaction. XB1, PS4 and the PC have similar hardware architecture, which the Nintendo never had. That made it more feasible to deliver on those platforms instead and base all the expectations on that. If they pulled an unexpected rabbit out of a Nintendo hat at the time, the crowd would have gone nuts.

Triple support: I work in a hardcore technological environment. Seeing that triples aren't the norm for most, one can argue having a single resource running with it is justifiable. Once again this can be managed with the under commit principle (as you rightly stated...sh!t happens as it did). But it was still stated as "being on the radar" for a while after release, the resource had already gone by then and they were "looking into it". Very poorly handled, but water under the bridge, spilled milk and all that. If you aim your product at the more hardcore market and you punt that feature from the get go to get their buy in, you need one dev to shadow the other and also document your code so that the "hard core" feature can make it to the product albeit in the very last update before moving along to the next best thing. The overall outcome would have been that those hard core sim customers would have been over the moon and more excited about the next best thing whilst knowing that SMS followed through. In my working environment, if I don't follow through, have everything well documented to ensure business continuity and meet or exceed expectations that are set to customers, then I would be the resource that is walked off premises after handing over to someone else, without being given much of an opportunity to rectify the issue and that responsibility would be given to someone who can. But its just my 2c worth and water under the bridge...

The last part about being silly and sexual comments I can only speak for myself here as I own this particular one.
PC1 even with all the fixes and the direct announcement of PC2 as soon as it happened, really makes me feel like I paid to be part of a Beta dev testing program for PC2. PC2 was not developed 100% from the ground up so PC1 most definitely forms a substantial part of the underlying code base. If that were not the case the release date would have been much further down the line.
The positive: They can rectify much of what was wrong originally and literally have a game changer along with the new features and content.
The negative: They don't rectify the PC1 issues sitting in the code base in the PC2 build and we sit with PC1.5 with great licencing, lots of cars, great tracks and amazing weather along with everything else they showcased (which is good), but would have been phenomenal without the historical issues coming along for the ride.
New bugs can be expected, that's a given as all software do have bugs. Its the old ones that I really hope will go away and hope they follow through in killing the new ones.

So finally I need to wrap this one up. I don't consider myself to be a "base individual". I do however have a very dark/sick sense of humor, from that and not being politically correct stems a very strong natural talent for sarcasm governed by a certain measure of being respectful. It may have been a tad colorful for some (agreed) but if it were extremely offensive I am certain that the moderators would have binned the post without giving it a second thought. Some of us still feel screwed by the whole PC1 experience as it were (I will get over it) and call things as we see them (Hence the less than stellar comments by many participants in the thread). Perhaps because of my inability to reconcile with the concept of being politically correct, I can regard myself as truly fortunate that I haven't been fired or dragged kicking and screaming to the HR office. That is the picture I painted because that is how I feel about how that particular part of the experience played out for me.

Anyways, have a lovely day and thanks for the chat :).

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

PC1 even with all the fixes and the direct announcement of PC2 as soon as it happened, really makes me feel like I paid to be part of a Beta dev testing program for PC2.
The announcement was a bit bad - but they wanted to have a community involved from build 001 - and then people need to know in the first place that they can enter development :D
That after PC1 release they immediately start working on PC2 is quite normal in game industry, especially when it takes 3 - 7 years for a game

:D I like your post like this, less ranting more serious talk :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Its only a game
Its entertainment
Its still a multi-format title
Its easy to find alternatives
Its marketing & hype is ramping up
Its "looking" promising but it lacks widespread consumer confidence
Its popularity longterm or short lived success will also depend on the competition

Thanks for proving my point that you know nothing :D Thanks for exposing yourself like that

1. Yes it is .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_(video_game_industry) ... it also fits perfectly the definition ... and a budget of more than 4 million Euros is a lot ... Project CARS 2 has very probably a lot more ... Project CARS 1 & 2 are AAA Games
As youre not the brightest: Just google Project CARS AAA Game? ... and you find enough proofing my point.

2. Those are NOT bug fixes, those are game modifications, in which they change tire behavior and modify the physics of the car. If youre into modding with PCARS you would know that you can modify physics / tires / chassis / collision etc. or even import cars from other games (ie. Assetto Corsa).
Has nothing to do with bug fixing. Bug fixing would be ie. to fix the camber bug, for that you would have to fix it in the engine (mostly).
SMS said and believed at that time that glueing / magnet effect is a real life occurance - thereby its not a bug but a wrong design decision. Though they gonna change it for Project CARS 2.

P.s. Seeing there is possibly 1 fix in it: speedofixit v2 - but not sure what it exactly is.
The rest of the mod you gave me are personal preference changes to the default game package.
If they make the game more realistic is possible but you can't know ... most modders think what they produce is good but in reality less than 5% of the mods are good.

There are other examples of community really fixing a game - but its super rare and took them a lot of time ... as far as I'm aware there is no racing game of the last 10 years that got real bug fixing by a community - not even Shift 2.

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."

1. Wow - you sure are taken lightly of the AAA titles when Rocket League's budget is just 2M USD and its a Double A Game. Gran Turismo 5's budget was 60M USD (excluding the marketing they did just for the advertisements) - and that's a AAA Racing Game. Thanks for making yourself look like a fool comparing a game that disguises itself as a Triple A game when it is a Double A game at the end of the day.

How can you call Project CARS a AAA Game when it was crowd-funded via WMD from the very beginning?

2. You sure have a weird definition of mod - of course its a mod, but the sole purpose of the mod is to patch and fix most of the left behind bugs that the developers left behind. It is called as a "Community Patch" for a reason and classified as a mod cause it is not an official modification by the developers.

And no, the magnet effect doesn't happen in real life like it will drag you all the way out of the track.

4:45 - A real life footage of a side-by-side collision while overtaking.

3:02 - And here's the magnet effect on Project CARS

Jeez SMS, let the real life based physics do the magnet effect and not how you define it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea