• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

First Mercedes AMG GT3 Image RaceRoom Racing Experience

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,367
    2017-03-25 2029 0001.jpg
    The first early in game image of the Mercedes AMG GT3 car for RaceRoom Racing Experience has surfaced, showing the level of progress already achieved by the studio.

Following the very recent release of the BMW M6 GT3 and announcements of the upcoming McLaren 650S, the Callaway Corvette C7 and Audi R8 LMS joining the already released Bentley Continental GT3, RaceRoom and Sector3 are doing a good job of bringing the latest specification GT3 cars to a game that is heavily focussed on the very popular class of Grand Touring specification racing.

Having announced the licence agreement with the German manufacturers all the way back in July last year around, many fans are eager to see where the development stands with the new car. In answer to the constant requests for a progress update, Sector3 Studios J-F Chardon posted this little in game preview image of the car, and confirmed that the studio are still working hard to get the machine ready for a public release. Unfortunately those hoping for a relatively quick public launch might be a bit disappointed as it looks like plenty of work remains in order to get the vehicle in a release ready state. Chardon went on to say "It was added in the engine, now it's all about receiving liveries, physics and sounds + AI"! So fans may well have to wait a little bit longer before the latest and greatest from Stuttgart is available to drive in RaceRoom Racing Experience.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation exclusive to PC. Additional content can be purchased via the RaceRoom Store.

Don't forget to check out our awesome RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum to stay abreast of all the latest news and discussions regarding the title. Check out our setups forum where you can download a community created car setup, or have a look at our thriving Racing Club for the game, a place where all skill and experience levels are welcomed to come along and enjoy the racing action online with friends.

Looking forward to some more modern GT3 machinery in RaceRoom? Do you like the Mercedes AMG GT3? Which cars would you like to see adding to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +114
    Shouldn't it have a camouflage paint job to deter RD's photographers? ;)

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,367
    Well with all that blue at Paul Ricard it's practically the same thing :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. Celestiale

Celestiale
    Premium

Ratings:
    +386
    Definitely, in no other Sim GT3 is as much fun to drive. Only problem for me are the rather outdated cars in this class, compared to Assetto Corsa
    The AMG GT is my favourite reasonable priced (below 200.000) car in the world, so obviously the GT3 is my favourite GT3 car. Big fat yes.
    Add Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini to the appropriate classes.
    + up to date GTE (Ford GT :inlove: )

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,328
    I wasn't expecting the Merc to be added as well so this is a nice piece of news.

Can't wait to see what the sound team have done with the AMG GT! :inlove:

As @Celestiale mentions it would be nice to have Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini. Not 100% sure but I guess the issue with those three is probably licensing (especially with Porsche).

With the popularity of the Hurracan in GT3 though that one would be great to have. Until then I'll keep myself happy with the 650S when it's released.

However to have the Corvette, and Audi in soon is still pretty good :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vapir

Vapir
    Premium

Ratings:
    +31
    More GT3 cars are always great :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Serj

Serj

Ratings:
    +34
    Stop!!!!!!!!!!Stop IT!!!!Enough!!!!Give us tire compound and flags, more realistic physics damage, when we can get it, at last?????? :mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Angry Angry x 1
  8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,094
    Looking forward to it. And any more game improvements and AI tweaks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +192
    Flags are coming in the patch next week ;-) Tire compounds will come in the next one.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
    • Love Love x 8
    • Wow Wow x 2
  10. Sven Wever

Sven Wever

Ratings:
    +6
    Im so excited about all those things and the rest of 2017.... Online stuff is still a bit of a secret about whats implented? I dont mind,.. patience is key, and quality takes time!
    Thnx for the heads up!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,290
    Another Gt3, epic lol :)
    Cudos to R3E for the Gt3 content, personally I would be ecstatic when we have a Ferrari!
    For now great work guys really like that you listen to the community, you should do it even more ( talk to me) and come on wtcc16

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Daniel Trapp

Daniel Trapp
    Anywhere but here Premium

Ratings:
    +1,024
    The AMG is one of my favs when it comes to handling in AC, if its anyway like that in R3E I'll have a hard time deciding choosing between this and the R8.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,290
    GO p4-5 competizione

14. Daniel Trapp

Daniel Trapp
    Anywhere but here Premium

Ratings:
    +1,024
    I'd prefer walking to that view out of windshield.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,290
    #swingman 4life

16. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +351
    Oooh...hold on i made a mistake! I thought the BMW M6 was the free upgrade but it is the Mercedes AMG GT3 right?.....right:whistling:

17. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,367
    Never been a big fan of Mercs in other sims, but I must admit I'm looking forward to giving this one a go when it comes out. I suspect the sounds by @anthony monteil will be somewhat spectacular to say the least!

Loving GT3 class cars at the moment. It's funny because I'm old enough to remember when they first became "a thing" and I clearly recall thinking how slow and sluggish they looked compared to the GT1 machines at the time. Clearly recall thinking "these will never be popular".

Ha, how wrong I was....

#GT4forthewin :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    The real Canadian Prime Minister Premium

Ratings:
    +1,590
    I was never a fan of the SLS GT3 but this one definitely has my eye. It won't take me away from my beloved M6 but I'll certainly welcome this baby to the R3E GT3 family.

And with J-F's post above, exciting times for R3E indeed. :D;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +957
    Next week? But but that's April! :confused::confused:

• Like Like x 1
  20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios Premium