PC2 First Impressions......

So it's out!
What's your "first impression" on the game...

Me, I've tried it for 99mins, under the 2 hour Steam refund. Will I be refunding? Nope :thumbsup:

Very positive so far :thumbsup:

FFB - Big improvement, still needs quite a bit of tinkering, but out the box feels much better :thumbsup:

Physics - Big big improvement over PC1, you now actually feel connected to the road, you can feel what the front wheels are doing(my biggest gripe with PC1), although still early days, much improved :thumbsup:

UI - Much much better, like the way you can change game settings in the pits now, car/track/skin choices much better :thumbsup:

Sounds - Much improved too, gear change sounds are much more mechanical sounding, engines sound better than PC1 but that wasn't hard :p

and lastly Graphics - Looks stunning!, crisper, light snow on the windscreen looks bloody real! :geek:

So, although early days, I'm feeling very positive........so far :whistling:

Okay, finally I have the game downloaded and I played 5 hours. I think it's very good. Racing into the night at Daytona in a multiclass race while it started to rain was an immersion I don't get in other sims. If (When) they sort out FFB quality consistency among cars for a given setting, and AI consistency among tracks, it's going to be an excellent package. It is, already, just a bit rough...

For those very negative towards it, let's remind ourselves, that the "core" sims of today (AC, R3E, AMS, iR, rF2) weren't as they are now when they launched, or alternatively they were built on an older, thoroughly tested, successful engine. But they all had a long road to become the sims we know them today. I think pC2 deserves a bit of time for tweaking, fixing as well, because it has great potential. Especially with the amount of content offered at lauch.

Well it maybe a little unfair to give this the thumbs down after only playing for just over 10 hours.
My fav track is Oulton but I can not get either my Momo wheel or Xbox gamepad to give me an enjoyable drive.

Spent sometime with the Xbox gamepad but with vibration set to 100 I have little to no vibration when either hitting something or going slightly off track.......in PC1 I got a very nice feel and rumble on corner strips.

Graphically the cars do look nice but some of the scenery is distracting.......something happens in the trees like a shadow or pop up, On one part of the track (Oulton) I noticed in my mirror the tyre wall just poping out of view with other trackside objects......haven't seen that in PC1.

As for the AI I noticed if I don't get a good start off the grid the car behind just rams me (rolling start helps prevent that).

As I say this is just on my favourite track Oulton and hopefully things will get sorted but right now I'm back on PC1.
Check this video for pad settings. It's for the Xbox version but might help.

Some very contrasting thoughts so far
Before I pull the trigger I was wondering how you would compare this to AC, gran turismo and older games like race07/ gtr2

I love AC but would like more sense of achievement via a career mode or involving multi class championship

• the ffb is nowhere near as tight as ac
  • abs cars make tire skid sounds when you apply full brake
  • road cars on stock setups visually roll with only a few degrees of lock
  • if you mess around too much with the controller options, your pedals and shifter will lose all mappings
  • four wheel takumi drifts are possible in every road car no matter what engine/driven wheels layout
  • tire skid sounds are really really bad
  • you can't feel how much grip the front tires have
  • smash the throttle in a corner and the car simply goes into a perfectly controlable drift even if you are late on the countersteer

I took the same cars that exist in ac, gt86 and gt3rs to nurburgring gp and they simply felt weird, after 90 mins I asked for a refund, will buy it again in the next sale to see if any improvements were made

• the ffb is nowhere near as tight as ac It is for me.
  • if you mess around too much with the controller options, your pedals and shifter will lose all mappings Never happened to me in all of the changes I have made to my wheel settings
  • four wheel takumi drifts are possible in every road car no matter what engine/driven wheels layout
  • you can't feel how much grip the front tires have I can feel exactly how much grip the front tyres have
  • smash the throttle in a corner and the car simply goes into a perfectly controlable drift even if you are late on the countersteer No they don't I've lost the car plenty of times being too eager on the throttle
I took the same cars that exist in ac, gt86 and gt3rs to nurburgring gp and they simply felt weird, after 90 mins I asked for a refund, will buy it again in the next sale to see if any improvements were made
We are clearly playing a different game to one another.

FFB is so much better, you can really feel the car now!
ABS? seems abit weird but its all about getting used to it i guess...
You can skid around in cars aswell which wasnt something you were able to in pc1
Controls are super easy to calibrate.. and again the graphics, they are amazing, wish ac had thoses. 1080 and i5 getting 144fps no problems. overall 10/10 looking forward for some club races!

• the ffb is nowhere near as tight as ac

In your opinion. I disagree. On many cars it's way better than AC, on others it's worse.. but there are cars in AC too that are absolutely horrendous.

Yes, guess why? Take a look into the car setup menu (ECU/ENGINE tab). ABS is set at 75% by default. Set it to 100% and you have full ABS. By the way, ABS makes skidding sounds in Assetto Corsa too when you use the low or medium settings for ABS in the cars that allow for it to be tweaked.

Depends on car and your viewing settings. A car with a stiff setup will not visually roll.. a car that should be rolling and bouncing around, does that. Again, exactly as in AC.

• if you mess around too much with the controller options, your pedals and shifter will lose all mappings

Sounds like a bug. Very possible.

This one I don't understand. It's not possible to drift with throttle applied in most of the FWD cars for instance. Also, if you put too sticky tires on some of the weaker cars, the engine will bog down. Not sure what you are trying to say here.. you mean "throwing it into a corner forcefully" and then drifting it?

I heavily disagree here. They are exceptionally informative and actually vary with tire type and rubber compound (unlike pretty much all the other simulators). The skid and scrubbing sound is actually deeply tied into the tire model physics, unlike most other games. Easy to test.. check it out.

• you can't feel how much grip the front tires have

Heavily disagree again. It's the exact opposite in my opinion. Like in real life, it depends on the car.. but all the race cars are extremely precise in their feedback they give through the wheel. So either your FFB settings are weird or something is bugging.. or you are one of those who like the canned "understeer feel" of AC (it's horrible and completely over done.. but if that's your "que" for oh-my-god-I-am-understeering! then.. I can't help you).

• smash the throttle in a corner and the car simply goes into a perfectly controlable drift even if you are late on the countersteer

?? again, no idea what you mean. You mean that pCars 2 actually has properly working self-aligning torque?

Right.. good for you.

You mean games you play on ipad ? :sleep:
Have you managed to overheat the tires so far (not doing 360s)?
This is very easily achivable in rf2/ac (soft tires) and you immediately feel it in the changing grip levels in the next corner. I have yet to feel that in pcar2, as a result i can be less precisive going into a corner and be fine and thus far change the way i drive vs. other games.

For the GT3 cars, yeah i think the handling/grip levels are very different, i find it much harder to upset the car out of a corner. Earlier on the throttle and confident doing so than for example AC.

This was my "first impression" of this car on this track (imola) after 16 hours playtime and 3000 hours shared between the other simgames to compare.

Not sure what part of my impression is so upsetting to you that you feel the need to suggest i only play ipad games?

Last edited:
In your opinion. I disagree. On many cars it's way better than AC, on others it's worse.. but there are cars in AC too that are absolutely horrendous.

i've tried 3 cars, 2 of them are on assetto corsa, however in all of them there was some sort of free-play in the wheel

Yes, guess why? Take a look into the car setup menu (ECU/ENGINE tab). ABS is set at 75% by default. Set it to 100% and you have full ABS. By the way, ABS makes skidding sounds in Assetto Corsa too when you use the low or medium settings for ABS in the cars that allow for it to be tweaked.

road cars don't have 75% abs, they either have or they don't

Depends on car and your viewing settings. A car with a stiff setup will not visually roll.. a car that should be rolling and bouncing around, does that. Again, exactly as in AC.

here i agree, maybe there was an option i missed that attenuates the movement of the camera relative to the car or vice-versa

This one I don't understand. It's not possible to drift with throttle applied in most of the FWD cars for instance. Also, if you put too sticky tires on some of the weaker cars, the engine will bog down. Not sure what you are trying to say here.. you mean "throwing it into a corner forcefully" and then drifting it?

i tried 4wd and rwd cars, in both types i was drifting wihtout any special care with the throttle and didn't lose it once

I heavily disagree here. They are exceptionally informative and actually vary with tire type and rubber compound (unlike pretty much all the other simulators). The skid and scrubbing sound is actually deeply tied into the tire model physics, unlike most other games. Easy to test.. check it out.

i should have said "the sound quality is really really bad", they sound like youtube rips at 128kbps

Heavily disagree again. It's the exact opposite in my opinion. Like in real life, it depends on the car.. but all the race cars are extremely precise in their feedback they give through the wheel. So either your FFB settings are weird or something is bugging.. or you are one of those who like the canned "understeer feel" of AC (it's horrible and completely over done.. but if that's your "que" for oh-my-god-I-am-understeering! then.. I can't help you).

no i don't play with that effect, again, i only tried road cars since i have very little interest in race cars, and since on those the wheel felt almost dead i hopped off the hypetrain

?? again, no idea what you mean. You mean that pCars 2 actually has properly working self-aligning torque?

all sims have self-aligning torque however when sliding the cars don't correct themselves

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back