Figure of 8 help

Hi all,

I need some help with my figure of 8 track. So far I have a basic track which has taken me ages to create and i've just seen a video on you tube where someone creates a track in 15minutes!

I would like to change the road surface of the track so the top and bottom of the 8 is in gravel and the rest of the 8 (cross section) is in tarmac the original surface.

So far i can change the whole tracks surface but not the sections i want to change.

I am using BTB however, i've come to a stumbling block.

Could someone help me please?

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

This tripped me up when I got BTB. It's fairly easy, all you do is hold down control and left-click on the spot where you want the new surface to begin In the 3D view. In the little dialogue box that pops up when you're editing surfaces, if you click on the tab that (I think) says "Shape" You can also edit the Crown/Camber etc. at these points.

If you want to change material for the road - go to that window, but switch the radio button to Material. Then Ctrl+click the road (3D) to get more crossections. Now, click the red line (when you are not sure if it's still selected) - you can right-click (and hold in 3D) to get contex menu - then Change Material. You can also do it in that window - just right click the red line and do the same way.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.