Fifth Gear

Anyone watching Fifth Gear?, JP just been racing DC in the Red Bull Simulator, awesome bit and nice to see even the pro kit allows you to bounce over the barrier and into no-mans land.

Tiff is about the ring the neck of an Insignia VXR which should be good especially as I have an Insignia on order although sadly it's not a VXR :-(

Correct me if i'm wrong, i saw fifth gear(not sure) on Discovery Channel, and the representer is a guy from Top Gear?

Is this a cheap copycat of Top Gear?

Btw, who are JP and DC? I guess 'DC' is David Coulthard?

Fifth Gear is presented by Jason Plato (2010 BTCC Champion), Vicki Butler-Henderson :)D) and Tiff Needell, tonights epsiode can be viewed here http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/features/f1-simulator-with-david-coulthard

Not quite the same as Top Gear which is presented by Clarkson, May & Hammond and is the same thing every week where Hammand will crash a car into Clarkson or May's car or one of them will break down etc etc, once you've seen one episode you've seen them all.

Fifth Gear is presented by Jason Plato (2010 BTCC Champion), Vicki Butler-Henderson :)D) and Tiff Needell, tonights epsiode can be viewed here http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/features/f1-simulator-with-david-coulthard

Not quite the same as Top Gear which is presented by Clarkson, May & Hammond and is the same thing every week where Hammand will crash a car into Clarkson or May's car or one of them will break down etc etc, once you've seen one episode you've seen them all.

in another word Top Gear is 10% factual car stuff 90% entertainment & 5th Gear is the other way around. & Vicki Butler-Henderson is bloody lovely :D

Thanks for information mate. It looks like from the comments of Nigel and you, Fifth Gear is equally or even better than Top Gear. :)

I've seen one season of Fifth Gear so far. There were a few car-tests where Tiff and Jason drove some fast cars flat out and those were really nice. But it was too much of and "information" program rather than entertainment for me. Crash-tests, insurance, economy and slow cars is not my cup of tea.

For good car reviews I'd rather read car magazines but for entertainment Top Gear is great.

Did nobody notice the Silverstone laptimes on the simulator they did were in the 1.34 area... That is painfully slow compared to what we see on race weekend, or even on Iracing and other sims. What am i missing here? and surely Couthard let him win.

As for Fifth Gear, its a cool show but personally I dont think it can compete with Top Gear, its too stuck in the old format that Top Gear ditched a long time ago, from back in the days where Tiff was a TG presenter.

fifth gear effectively is the old top gear - all the old presenters (except clarkson), the boring format. Channel five basically copied it, and used the old guys.

Top gear is contrived, but its entertaining. Fifth gear is informative but boring. Plus, I don't like Tiff....

I like both shows but Topgear is the better of the two. Vicki defininately takes the show on Fifth Gear.Has anyone checked out Topgear USA? I think it pretty terrible. No one can beat Clarkson and the boys.Topgear Austrailia is not too bad.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back