Fiat 500 Abarth @ Phillip Island - Wednesday November 30th 2011 *Rescheduled*

30tta1y.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM (click to connect, requires jump2nkp)
Class: Fiat 500 Abarth
Track: Phillip Island (Download)
Weather: Dry (race 1) + 100% Wet (race 2)
Abarth skin pack: click here (extract to your nkpro folder)

19:30 GMT: Practice
20:10 GMT: Qualification
20:30 GMT: Race 1 (13 laps)
Qualification 2 (20 minutes, 100% wet)
Race 2 (10 laps, 100% wet)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

Entrylist:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
  1. Senad Subasic
  2. Kevin Leu
  3. Samuel Fuller
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

One event per week is not really something people are returning for I fear. NKP has so much more to offer than that. You can easily setup multiple cool events per week.

There is also no people that keep the discussions / news going in the forums. Its a dead place and I am also less visiting it as there is not much interesting to read unfortunately.

NKP has become a scattered community.

Also the PR of Kunos is terrible. I know they are a small team of people but if you never come out of the Italian community to talk to your customers you are lost.

The game still is awesome and the cheapest on the market. Now take the word market and add "ing" to it and get to work I'd say. Hand out a few free copies here and there. Let your game be reviewed by (sim)racing magazines and you get the name out pretty easily.

Sim Racing community is a bit like kids, they always like new "toys" and with no mod's in NetKar is not easy to fill that kind of need.

When we waiting for the rain and new cars there's a lot of interest, after they were available, people play for while and then tend to move for something new.

If NK could get the FVA content that would be a great push, it's a shame that those FVA cars are just for hotlaps.

they wouldn't look as good in NKP as they do in FVA unforunately. Game only needs to render one car (FVA) and therefore it looks all polished and shiny.

But if Kunos could produce a full FVA game with the same content and quality it would be a blast.

One event per week is not really something people are returning for I fear. NKP has so much more to offer than that. You can easily setup multiple cool events per week.

As I said before, I don't see the logic in creating more events if you can't fill the one :confused:

The first time you suggested that, I posted a question about what time would be best for a possible second event. I think two people replied.

Thats what we did before and it helped. If I were a member here and only see one event per week I would go and get my kicks elsewhere where i can get some racing on regular basis.

Its just a matter of good events on regular basis and some promotion. I dug through all the old frontpage articles yesterday and found two Netkar pro news items. In three years :)

Thats what we did before and it helped. If I were a member here and only see one event per week I would go and get my kicks elsewhere where i can get some racing on regular basis.

I'd think seeing two events per week postponed or canceled instead of one would be a stronger deterrent, but I guess I'll have to take your word for it, since you tried it and I haven't.

The problem for me there is that I'd have trouble committing to two events. I'm driving in other events for most of the week already. Also, netkar servers need a tiny bit more maintenance than 'start and it's done' (no voting, servers sometimes disappear from the list, etc). I don't know if I could set aside time on another day, weekend especially, don't know when I might get called out.

What I did if some events were struggling, was that I joined. I don't enjoy the Race series that much, but I joined anyway.

Its just a matter of good events on regular basis and some promotion. I dug through all the old frontpage articles yesterday and found two Netkar pro news items. In three years :)

I am not a very creative person unfortunately, and I don't do marketing well.
If there is some exact piece of news, I could post it. But that's how the game works, an update every decade or so.

If you think of someone better suited, do shout.

Also the PR of Kunos is terrible.
it's not terrible it's terribly absent ... :confused:

@Senad: mate I'm planning to do some challenges between sites with this sim, on December we'll race with another group 7vs7, if you' re interested let me know probably this can improve the number of nK drivers at RD because only core drivers are allowed ;)

moreover don't forget to plan for at least one champ, all drivers like it ....

ciao

I don't come by much anymore as I have started Uni again and don't have much time for racing midweek. It is unfortunate that the numbers who signed up after the last update seem to have fallen away again. Some of this will be a natural waning of interest when the shiny new toy loses its lustre, but still, 2 sign ups for a race!
Anyone who takes part should jump on the forum and talk - race reports, bugs whatever - just to keep the place ticking over.
I've also signed up for the 1982 F1 champs @ Varjanta.com. I have been awaiting this rfactor mod for years and it rocks, so that is where my interest is in the limited time I now have to race.
One thing though, Senad, car -track combos are crucial to keeping interest up; I think the Abarths are too slow for a track like Phillip Island, and people always prefer some cars to others. Tight tracks for the slow ones and long fast for the fast cars is always good.
Maybe poll people as to what they'd like to see in future re races, champs etc.
Daniel.

I don't come by much anymore as I have started Uni again and don't have much time for racing midweek

Ditto.

One thing though, Senad, car -track combos are crucial to keeping interest up; I think the Abarths are too slow for a track like Phillip Island, and people always prefer some cars to others. Tight tracks for the slow ones and long fast for the fast cars is always good.
Maybe poll people as to what they'd like to see in future re races, champs etc.
Daniel.

Abarths were always the popular choice, because the racing is always the closest and most fun.
About the track, I tried it beforehand, and liked the combo a lot. The track is too slow and twisty for the vintage, but the Abarth seemed to go nice around it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back