Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: Mixed
Vehicles:
Race1: Mini Cooper 1310 (download)
Race2: Fiat Abarth 131 (download)
Track: Hockenheim Short (default)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Default skins that are included with the mods.

Entry List

1. Carlos Diaz
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Jack Smith
  5. Tim Ling
  6. Stuart Thomson
  7. Leszek Porzezinski
  8. Nigel Atkins
  9. Dmytro Botnarenko
  10. Will Reynolds
  11. Paulo Ribeiro
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver

I love Hock short, and while the Mini was waaay faster at Mo I Rana, and I know that these are 2 single make races, I'd expect the times to be a lot closer at Hock.

The Mini still has that understeer to overcome, the Fiat is pretty nimble, and Hock's got some really tight turns.

Sign me up

I must be driving it wrong lol. First corner with the default setup I got probably the biggest slide I've ever done and recovered, almost pointing face on to the pit entry :p

Tim, try my latest setup for the 1310 Mini here (you may need to adjust the gearing for the track):
http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends-setups/21121-gtc65-mini-1310-setups.html

The 1310 Mini should be faster than the Fiat, but it does take some getting used to, and you need to drive it differently. It is FWD and will understeer if you don't use the power of the front wheels to "pull" it through the turns. It will stick to the road like glue though if you get it right. Try this:
Don't brake too hard entering the turn, keep it stable by keeping a small amount of throttle on, turn it in to the turn, then use as much power as you can to exit the turn, you need to judge when you can get on full power but try to get it full as early as possible. I use a bit of left foot braking (Rally Style) to help the turn in, but that can take a lot of practice to avoid the big spins.

I'm either very slow in the 1310 or very fast in the Fiat. I am almost 2 full seconds faster in the Fiat.
But it's no secret that FWD and I don't get along all too well lol. So there is a HUGE chance I'm just driving the Mini too damn slow.

I'm either very slow in the 1310 or very fast in the Fiat. I am almost 2 full seconds faster in the Fiat.
But it's no secret that FWD and I don't get along all too well lol. So there is a HUGE chance I'm just driving the Mini too damn slow.

Carlos, I don't know what time you have with Fiat, but your remark me suspicious. :rolleyes:
Then I just can't ride on RWD! Since my time in Fiat is almost 2.5 seconds SLOWER compared with Mini. :eek:
In general, the Mini 1310 - a mad flea, as I on it faster then Cortina (which I know much better then Fiat) on the 3 seconds!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back