1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Fiat 131 & Mini 1310 @ Hockenheim Short - Tues Nov 16th 2010

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Carlos Diaz, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz
    Happily driving a "girly" car

[​IMG]
    Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
    Class: Mixed
    Vehicles:
    Race1: Mini Cooper 1310 (download)
    Race2: Fiat Abarth 131 (download)
    Track: Hockenheim Short (default)
    Start Time: 20.00 GMT
    Practice: 20 mins
    Qualification: 10 mins - (ONE TIMED LAP)
    Race: 18 laps
    Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
    Note3: Default skins that are included with the mods.

2. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

Entry List

1. Carlos Diaz
    2. Senad Subasic
    3. Hans Sneep
    4. Jack Smith
    5. Tim Ling
    6. Stuart Thomson
    7. Leszek Porzezinski
    8. Nigel Atkins
    9. Dmytro Botnarenko
    10. Will Reynolds
    11. Paulo Ribeiro
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver

3. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

I know, a stark contrast to last week's event, but don't underestimate these little cars, they are loads of fun in a tight, twisty track.

4. Yes please :good:

5. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Signing up,not a great fan from Hockenheim , but love the 1310 so it must come good ( I hope )

6. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Yes please.

7. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Yes please! Had fun at Hock short last time and these cars are great

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I love Hock short, and while the Mini was waaay faster at Mo I Rana, and I know that these are 2 single make races, I'd expect the times to be a lot closer at Hock.

The Mini still has that understeer to overcome, the Fiat is pretty nimble, and Hock's got some really tight turns.

Sign me up

9. Sign me up,please.

I made some laps with Abarth and i'ts fast as Alfa GTA! That Mini is faster? Incredible. I'll check it tomorrow, maybe.

10. sign me up please Carlos

11. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

I must be driving it wrong lol. First corner with the default setup I got probably the biggest slide I've ever done and recovered, almost pointing face on to the pit entry :p

12. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Tim, try my latest setup for the 1310 Mini here (you may need to adjust the gearing for the track):
    http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends-setups/21121-gtc65-mini-1310-setups.html

The 1310 Mini should be faster than the Fiat, but it does take some getting used to, and you need to drive it differently. It is FWD and will understeer if you don't use the power of the front wheels to "pull" it through the turns. It will stick to the road like glue though if you get it right. Try this:
    Don't brake too hard entering the turn, keep it stable by keeping a small amount of throttle on, turn it in to the turn, then use as much power as you can to exit the turn, you need to judge when you can get on full power but try to get it full as early as possible. I use a bit of left foot braking (Rally Style) to help the turn in, but that can take a lot of practice to avoid the big spins.

13. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Cheers Warren, hope you can join us

14. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'd love to, but at the moment I'm on holidays in the Aussie Outback, just keeping up to date via my laptop. I wouldn't miss a chance to drive my little Mini's if I had the choice. :)

15. Default track? Great!
    :letsgoracing:
    Carlos, sign me up, please.

16. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

I'm either very slow in the 1310 or very fast in the Fiat. I am almost 2 full seconds faster in the Fiat.
    But it's no secret that FWD and I don't get along all too well lol. So there is a HUGE chance I'm just driving the Mini too damn slow.

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

server's up

18. Carlos, I don't know what time you have with Fiat, but your remark me suspicious. :rolleyes:
    Then I just can't ride on RWD! Since my time in Fiat is almost 2.5 seconds SLOWER compared with Mini. :eek:
    In general, the Mini 1310 - a mad flea, as I on it faster then Cortina (which I know much better then Fiat) on the 3 seconds!

19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Sorry all - I put the server up with the League PW - all fixed now though - back to the Club PW

20. Sign me up please, first race!