FIA Investigates Ferrari Over Testing Claims

It was well known the connection between Pirelli-Ferrari even it was invisible. Both italian companies, it is inevitable that they would contribute to each other.
That was the case with Pirelli in 2012 when Ferrari (relatively ) slow car had so great performances during the race, which was a result big part to the work with the tyres.

Now this year again they are the best in those terms and now this ?! I want to see them penalised
So on the same premise - North and South Koreas in the 50s were secretly cooperating and fighting against the US? :unsure:

Reactions: Dux
It was well known the connection between Pirelli-Ferrari even it was invisible. Both italian companies, it is inevitable that they would contribute to each other.
That was the case with Pirelli in 2012 when Ferrari (relatively ) slow car had so great performances during the race, which was a result big part to the work with the tyres.

Now this year again they are the best in those terms and now this ?! I want to see them penalised

:O_o:

Dux

Simracer since 99 / 3D Engineer & Game Developer
I said the possibility of such thing is great i dont see a reason why it couldnt happen (leaking informations) just sayin, after all this "Investigation" its not for nothing...besides it is only for some testing

It has a logic, cause Ferrari in 2012 was faster in the race when everyone was struggling on tyres which have build up some decent laps, while theirs were still looking stronger and they could push harder, case such is Korean GP. Cause i cannot see any reason why the Ferrari's (both in the later stages) were, from qualifications, a lot faster in the race. Nowadays its the Lotus who works the best but yet Ferrari is still very strong. Mercedes on the contrary are very fast but what for? They are so bad with the tyres..

It has a logic, cause Ferrari in 2012 was faster in the race when everyone was struggling on tyres which have build up some decent laps, while theirs were still looking stronger and they could push harder, case such is Korean GP.
First of all, there is no logic at all in that.
Then Ferrari was easier on its tires than other teams since years. It's not something that came out of nowhere. That's why they are better in race than in qualifying. It's the car's characteristic and has been the same in 2010 and 2011 (maybe even before that but can't remember).

Cause i cannot see any reason why the Ferrari's (both in the later stages) were, from qualifications, a lot faster in the race. Nowadays its the Lotus who works the best but yet Ferrari is still very strong. Mercedes on the contrary are very fast but what for? They are so bad with the tyres..
There are a lot of things you cannot see.

Dux

Simracer since 99 / 3D Engineer & Game Developer
First of all, there is no logic at all in that.

There might be u cannot possibly know :whistling:

Then Ferrari was easier on its tires than other teams since years. It's not something that came out of nowhere.
Fact of which i am aware, true bro :thumbsup:

That's why they are better in race than in qualifying. It's the car's characteristic and has been the same in 2010 and 2011

Both 2010 & 2011 cannot be compared anyhow with 2012, in 2010 and 2011 Ferrari was getting more or less the results they scored on qualifications and sometimes had or not fastest car and they stayed there. In 2012 u have different situation, Alonso is 8th and he finishes 3rd without any troubles. Thats a LOT. That was my point, 2012 was way way different.

There are a lot of things you cannot see.
Of course, who is the one who sees everything? :)

So a Scuderia Ferrari tested after Spain but a 2012 model. It could of had 2013 parts inside. Or just collect setup data.

Here in North America the NASCAR series has all cars go through inspection before events or practice.

The problem in F1 is there are many components and upgrades in the top teams and hard for investigators to keep up.

Eddie Jordan has quoted running car ultra light without ballast weights required for race in testing to make the car go faster to attract sponsors. And the car would be slower on race day.

tumblr_inline_mkn2zyeuzU1qz4rgp.gif

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
How on earth is Snook not banned yet? Is he perhaps just a troll account from an admin? :ninja:

Why do we need to ban somebody for posting stuff that has already been posted a 1000 times. He isnt violating any rules is he?

Does cause me a lot of work to constantly move and merge his threads though.

Why do we need to ban somebody for posting stuff that has already been posted a 1000 times. He isnt violating any rules is he?

Does cause me a lot of work to constantly move and merge his threads though.

Isn't it against the rules to constantly post new threads (containing 75% false information) in the wrong subforums? I'm surprised the admins haven't gotten tired of it yet.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.1%
  • €3001-5000