1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FFB Question (Logitech G27)

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by nangu, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Hi guys,

I returned to rF2 to test the latest build. I spent the last couple months playing Assetto Corsa, but as I mostly race offline, I need good AI when I want to do some race instead of lapping on random car/track.

I tried the Nissan GTR and Honda NSX on latest official Silverstone. Great FFB on both, I can feel everything the car is doing. Even I was able to drift the NSX, and I'm horrible at drifting, but as the much improved FFB I can feel very well the car.

But, the real problem comes when I want to do some laps on the Formula Renault 3.5 2014. I can't feel almost anything. The force is a lot weaker, and can't feel the grip. I managed to increase the FFB multiplier to 1,5x as I read someone suggested, but it doesn't improve much.

There is a setting I can try to tune in order to get the same feeling I got when driving the GTR and/or the NSX?

In profiler I set 100,0,0 and 900º. In game I have almost any slider at default, and range at 900º and ticked vehicle default The GTR and NSX I set FFB multiplier at 0.9, but in the FR 3.5 I changed it to 1.5 without considerable improvement.

Thanks!

2. I don't think you'll ever get the FR3.5 '14 driving like you're asking about. I find it difficult too. It helps to run it with the maximum caster it lets you, but that's not a 100% solution.

3. Have you tried putting the multiplier higher than 1.5?

4. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

With a Logitech G25 I had the multi up to 2.00 in the 2014 FR3.5 and a high caster setting like April suggested then it started to get better. Not as good as a GTR, but better. You can also play with the minimum force in the controller.json, but I never really liked that, but for a lot of drivers it is a good solution.

5. I know what you're talking about but i think thats up to the car itself, got the same problem. I don't like that as well. Even with multiplier 3.0 its not good.

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

7. Thanks to all for the answers.

The reason I don't go beyond 1.5 multi is the wheel noise and rattle when driving over curbs, seems like it want to get broken :-( and nobody can sleep at the house :))

I'll try to play with setup (thanks David for the Spa setup) but I don't like to spend hours of trial and error, so may be I skip this car at this moment.

All open wheelers feel the same? In your experience, what OW car is good at FFB feel with a G27?

Thank you very much to all of you guys.

8. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

The rattling is reduced with FFB smoothing.
    Its a clue that the fronts are sliding a bit beyond a good slip angle. The G27 with its plastic bearings need FFB smoothing.

9. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

I drove my G25 without any smoothing since the rF2 release and it is still alive :D But the sound is pretty loud, which sucks.

10. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

I remember you telling me that the noise was filling 1/2 the house.

11. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

If you reduce the cambers on your front-tires you will get some of the ffb you are looking for. You can then also scale back the multiplier again.