Mutiple Car setups. Ferrari 458 Chall,FR3.5, Spec Miata, ISI Camaro,BES 911 GT3) 1992 Open Wheeler

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
Please find enclosed several setups for the above cars in one folder.
They are set up with gearing/aero/cooling for a specific track but the base setups (camber, dampers, springs, diff lock, brake balance and force) will be good for various tracks. Just make those adjustments when you move.
They are tested and set up with no assists. But should be fine with assists too.
Specific tracks
458 -Putnam Park
911 GT3-Lemans
ISI Camaro GT3 Sebring (SEB)
others SEB = Sebring
Rest are named in setup file.
Other notes:
2/10/2014: Since more recent builds have been launched I am finding that my tyre pressures are now too low. Not sure if I had it wrong or its changed but often increases in pressures work better than the often very low ones in these setups. EG the Ferair 458C i put it up 10 at both ends. So have a look/test.

These setups have been pretty good in multiplayer and should give those with little setup experience a good BASE setup. The experienced amongst you don't need them.
The 458 Challenge loves understeer and the range of setup is limited. This setup has tried to optimise it.
The BES 911 GT3 (NB it not the Apex Modding 911) is twitchy under brakes but can be mastered. Diff lock on coast is a key element. If its swapping ends under brakes take care to be progressive with brake application to load front then brake hard and never with ANY steering lock. If still swapping ends like down the mtn at Mt Panorama increase diff lock on coast. But remember this car rewards technique! Read about it.
The Formula Renault 3.5. You must select the correct aero package in tuning. Once in the garage you are stuck with that range of aero and the difference is huge. You can play with roll centre settings in garage and they have a discernable impact. I am running 3E.
The Spec Miata is the Supercharged one.
The Classic 1992 Open wheeler by ASR is called a similar name here using an F word.

Have fun and give me some feedback if you want. (after trying)
Oh and read Ramon's tutorial above its really good.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5uoz32kn6ev0q3/AAAx4EVf0hY7T--gHrnGiP5Ja?dl=0

Last edited:
Hey David when you say "Ramon's tutorial above" I don't see it and thanks for your work.

Hi David thx for sharing . not yet so fimiliar with rf2 but where i put these after downloading cant see them after i copy them in packages.

Update pfff found it
Just in case you aren't aware. there are 2 places.
1) player/settings/location but also
2) player/settings/that cars file.

the second one is also visible in garage menu.
I have started putting good base setups in the cars file too as it stops me scratching my head and wondering which track I raced this car on last where I was happy with setup.

Thanks David for your setups, it is always very interesting to compare yours with those of a well known tuner.

I have tried you Indycar setup for Suzuka and quite liked it.

I had my own setup for this track and my lap times were quite similar with both setups, so it gave me the idea to try to improve a little mine (it was just a Sao Paolo setup copied).
I changed it and stopped when I felt tired so it can be improved (damping may be). As you, I had to suppose what was the optimal rake and the min ride height (the beauty of encrypted files).

I am faster with mine, but it is normal because it suits my driving style.

It is there for everyone to try and give feedback if so inclined.
It has much less rear wing than yours but still takes confidently the R130 at full throttle.
I just ran it with 11 laps fuel, and against AI.

I join my FISI setup at Sao Paolo. Comments wellcome.

I dare to add my Darche Spa settings, I tried yours and understood what you were loooking for, and I can drive your car without any problem.

I took an another direction to obtain the same goal (using the four wheels), with a lower rear wing than yours. My setup has a higher top speed but can still take flat out (11 laps fuel) Eau Rouge, and the last fast corners before the last chicane. It certainly looses on mid and low speed corners compared to yours, but doesn't butcher front tires with adequate care. Depending on your driving style it may suit you or not.

Comments welcome.

Cheers.

Attachments

• DW12-Suzuka.svm
    4.3 KB · Views: 452
  • Fisi_Sao-Paolo.svm
    4.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Darche-spa.svm
    4.3 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
David, that location "player/settings/that car's file" is that folder created by rFactor or is it something we have to create?
Sorry only just saw this.
Your setups will normally and automatically be in the folder for the track
Player/settings/location.

it seems that most but not all cars automatically get a file too. If its not there you can create one in player/settings/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back