FFB dissapeared after adding a brake load cell

This morning I added a brake load cell to my G27 pedals. The problem is that I no longer have any FFB on the wheel. I tried rF1 and GSC and the FFB is working normaly so it seems to be a rF2 problem. Tried changing some values in the controller.ini but have not had any luck.
So if anyone has any ideas would greatly appreciate it.

Just tried resetting the wheel (turn left and turn right) and it is reversed!! ie, to set the wheel "turn left" I had to turn the wheel towards the right!! Could be related?

Didn't work either :(. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Did you update from build 69 or did you make a clean install?

I also have a G27 with load cell and this is what I did. With my old build 69 install I went to mod-manager and uninstalled everything, also the ones that are listed when I un-tick "show only mods". Then unistalled the game, and installed build 85_full and reinstalled all mods. Everything is working fine for me now.

Marco, I only have the G27 and everything worked up until I added the load cell. So i do not think that is the problem.

Knut, I think I need to do as you suggest as nothing else I tried works. Will uninstall completely and reinstall the the full 85 build.

Once again thanks very much for your ideas Knut and Marco.

There is 1 more thing to try first Larry,

Open your Windows Explorer
Go to the data folder of your install
Go into the USERDATA folder
Go into the PLAYERNAME folder
You should have a folder controllers there. Look for the G27 custom file, and delete it.
Now go 1 folder back up
open your player file

There is a line in there which identifies your controller, and it should be on the custom one. Replace that with a default controller name

Now open the game again and try to set the controller to the custom one again.

If that fails, then a reinstall would be the best option I think.

@Larry Thomas
Oh this was a tough one! I thought the reinstall would clean things up. If you want to try another re-install I would suggest the following (I just did it on my PC):
  • In mod-manager uninstall all mods.
  • Go to Packages folder and move your files to a safe place so that you don't have to re-download.
  • Uninstall rFactor2. Check both Core and Data for uninstall.
  • Restart computer
  • Manually delete all remaining content inside the rF2 Data folder and rF2 Core folder.
  • Install rF2. Do not install in the Programfiles folder. I use C\rf2data for the data files and C\rfactor2 for the core data.
  • Before you install the mods check if the steering wheel is working.
BTW what do you see when you hit the detect button? Does it say G27 Racing wheel USB etc.. or something else?

When I set up the profiler I go into "parametres specific to the game" (not sure what it exactly is in english). I completly ignore the "Global parametres".
It turns out that rF2, at least in my case now, takes the "Global Parametres" and not the "Specific game parametres". And in the "Global parametres" the "Combined Force Effect" was set on 0%! Why or how I do not know.:unsure:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back