FFB disapearse when game starts

Wheel - G25
Game - rFactor & EVO
OS - Vista 64

Ok last night i was adjusting FFB settings in windows and in rF, when suddenly i had no FFB or any resistance on my wheel.
I closed down rF and unplugged/reconnected my wheel and FFB was back, but as soon as i start a game (at the opening screens) all the FFB and resistance goes from my wheel.
I`ve tried reinstalling Logitec drivers but its still the same. & tried it in a different usb port.

Thanks Nigel

anyone now a phone number, i`ve got all the packaging but can find the receipt. and it says 2yr warrenty on the box :)

only uk number i could find is:-

Sales Offices
United Kingdom

* LOGITECH UK LIMITED
Units 9/10, Shaftesbury Court
18 Chalvey Park
Berkshire
GB – SL1 2ER SLOUGH
+44-(0)175-387 09 00 Telephone

I had a similar problem some time back with an old momo, but it became ok after i did a few things. I had a bad habit of leaving the pc on 24/7 with the wheel plugged in, i then stopped this and started to just plug it in when it was required and at the same time a made a persitant profile in the logitec profiler softwear and made sure i opened the profiler every time i used the wheel.
Doing some of this helped i think as i rarely had the problem again but i became paranoid and the first thing i used to do on loading gtr2 up was to switch the ffb setting from high to med and back again as a kind of wake up call to the wheel.

how odd, i installed my old Momo wheel and that worked ok, but the peddles are rubbish so was going to use the G25 peddles with the Momo wheel.
so plugged the G25 back in and though i would give it 1 last test, and its working again, i`ve all FFB and full resistance.
so either something screwy going on with windows or it just needed the plugs re-seating.
finger crossed it doesnt return :highfive:

thats good to hear, I doubt theres anything wrong with your wheel, its just driver issues, alot of people have them, personally i think the new drivers 5.02 are the ones to blame, as this happened to me when i installed them, as i mentioned earlier i rolled back to the earlier driver set and that solved my issue, however i did keep the profiler software from 5.02 as its the only one that works properly with vista64, the old one you couldn't see the profiler screen. anyway fingers crossed it keeps working for you.

You mention a USB headset earlier in your postings. I had an issue which was caused by having my USB headset and any controller plugged into a powered hub at the same time. The headset would cause wheel (G25) problems after about five minutes.

The headset I have is a speedlink 5.1 usb one. I simply now only plug either the headset or controller into the hub and since then have not had any problems. I think it is something to do with the power requirements of the headset causing the issue.

I use the 5.02 drivers without any problems.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%