1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few questions about certain hardware and setups.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by digitalx, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Right, at the moment I have a G27 and TH8A Shifter mounted to a desk (Ikea Galant)

I've seen some setups with a real car dashboard and instrument clusters. Which is I want to do, preferably with a real wheel. The FFB system on it's own is it a bit too much for once piece at the moment although it seems nice and is smaller.

1. How would I mount the dashboard (bare) to the desk? I have a dremel and DIY shops near me.

2. How do I hook up instrument clusters/gauges? Is there an easy-ish way? I've never done anything involving wires or circuit boards.

3. Button box mounts, I'd love a button box but no real way of mounting one. I am not drilling into my desk and not sure what mounts I can get or exactly what I need for just one. RAM mounts are "bleh.. halp" in my mind, I have no idea on these at all.

I understand the G27 base and dashboard way not fit, but can cut if needed.

Sorry, extreme newbie when it comes to handywork.

2. RaceWasGood

Premium Member

3. I used to mount my DSD button box to the table with a RAM-mount that was fastened to the bottomside of the table with two screws. The same RAM-mount is now used for my current 80/20 rig (obviously mounted to the rig instead of the table). If you don't want to drill in your table, have a look at rammount.com. I know they have clamp-type mounts as well.

There's one example: http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-259NKU
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  3. Thank you. The desk was £120 and will NOT be drilling to it. However clamps/grips are perfectly fine. I did have a look at the ram mounts but no idea which specific bits I'd need just to hold 1 button box.

Found this: http://cablemountain.com/Vertical-TFT-Monitor-LCD-Desk-Mount-with-Clamp Would those screw holes fit ANY button box at all? I dont mean all button boxes but just any?
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. RaceWasGood

Premium Member