1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Ferrari's future F1 car concept released online

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Jordan Adcock, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Ferrari F1 Concept.jpg
    Ferrari have released an outrageous concept for a possible future F1 car this morning.

The Italian manufacturer has never been too keen on F1's current, more fuel-efficient regulations, but this concept is positively Speed Racer-esque.

The bodywork makes it a closed-wheel car, and features what could be a fan system at the back, which Brabham raced with once back in 1978, or something completely different. Plus the driver's helmet is also somehow attached to the car's headrest? Maybe that's intentional, because of the cornering speeds and resultant G-Forces such a car would likely generate (though interestingly there's no closed cockpit, despite continuing debate over introducing them in order to improve safety).

About the only part that's probable in F1's immediate future are the larger wheel rims. But from this concept, Ferrari's looking much further ahead...

Check out the Ferrari F1 concept car in various angles on here.

• Like Like x 8
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. How about Ferrari stop being so interested in making stupid "Futuristic" cars and look on making a car that can win a race and not making a car that can if lucky get a podium

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Well, it certainly looks better than the ugly cars they drive currently.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You really think everyone at Ferrari helped make this 'image'? :p

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Yuri

Yuri
    Yuri 'I get custom nicknames' Kasdorp

It looks like a hot wheels car. The front wing doesn't seem to be effective at all, the car isn't open wheel anymore which I highly doubt F1 will ever allow and even though the head seems to be attached to the air inlet, it looks like it's only half the size of a helmet. If it's attached how would it even work with vibrations and bumps, as you would basicly become a milkshake without any damping system in there.
    IMO it's more like fan art then it is a realistic concept for the future, much prefered the LMP1 concept of ferrari I saw however I don't think that was official.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. okay I admit one or two people probably made it and Ferrari may actually win a couple of races and I will look a fool for saying that but still, I just don't care much for when people come out with, oh this is what the future will look like with this concept and everyone knows it will look nothing like that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Its one of those things that Ferrari think is a great idea, until Red Bull or Mercedes do it better, then it's a 'ridiculous concept' with too much focus being put on aero.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kinda reminds me of this thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_X2010

I Imagine how awesome it would be to watch it race if it was possible to safeguard both the driver and the marshalls/crowd etc. 100% when it's driven.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Great looking car, especially the rear with it's IndyCar'ish design.

Love those out of the box designs and this is imo what F1 should be all about. Less rules when it comes to mandatory designs, more free testing and who knows we'll see such creations on the track in the future.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

Thank God FIA is still in control...who knows what F1 would be like without them...

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. budlix

budlix
    Wheel Rotator Premium Member

Well, looks like "Made in china" toy.
    Pilots will have to reshape their bodies, or how it will work with that car-body shaped helmet?

12. Robert vd Heide

Robert vd Heide
    Piloting RC Helicopters and sim Racecars

Probably its a "Vision "car ,made for Assetto Corsa :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Looks...heavy

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The best future F1 concept car I've ever seen. :thumbsup:

15. I like this but for me they are missing one key component.. a windscreen, which would actually make those beast a lot faster and increase driver safety!

16. Robert vd Heide

Robert vd Heide

actually it looks like a monocoque construction ,with same strength as the nose,
    so im sure its better protection as any windscreen

17. Driver's head is part of the chassis?

18. Robert vd Heide

Robert vd Heide

looks like the HELMET is incorporated in the chassis

19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Expensive and awesome :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. mercedes_prototype.jpg

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1