F1 2010 Ferrari doesn't offer me a new contract

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok, 2 races to go. Me (Ferrari) and Webber are seperated by 3 points. No other driver, other than us 2 can win the championship, but yet Ferrari are not going to offer me a contract for next year.

How the heck does that work?

thats unusual aslong as you keep them sweet and are performing well they should offer you a new contract otherwise you would be driving for no one check in the agent sub menu and see if the team are happy with you cos i cant understand why they wouldnt renew your contract

Says they're thrilled. The team feel very confident about you achieving the race objective.

I've had 3, maybe 4 bad races all year where I haven't scored points. Only in Korea did i fail to get into the top 10 in quali. And i finished 20th there, and after that race is where the agent said they didnt want me.

Season objective: finsh 2nd. And im 68 points clear of 3rd with one race to go now.

Ok, 2 races to go. Me (Ferrari) and Webber are seperated by 3 points. No other driver, other than us 2 can win the championship, but yet Ferrari are not going to offer me a contract for next year.

How the heck does that work?

Yes, it's a joke isn't it. Me, I'm driving with Mclaren, won the championship with 4 races spare, been good with the interviewing and they are letting me go at the end of the season too, yeah right !!! likely.......

Gutting thing was I turned down a contract with Ferrari the race before and they didn't offer again so had to settle with Red Bull lol.

Yes, it's a joke isn't it. Me, I'm driving with Mclaren, won the championship with 4 races spare, been good with the interviewing and they are letting me go at the end of the season too, yeah right !!! likely.......

Gutting thing was I turned down a contract with Ferrari the race before and they didn't offer again so had to settle with Red Bull lol.

lol, at least you've got a drive ;)

you don't have enough reputation built up to "stay" with the team

in your 2nd or 3rd year of career and racing for Ferrari?? your reputation level needs to be much higher to maintain that level of contract

This happened to me too! I just finished my second season with Red Bull after I was with Lotus in my rookie year (back to back drivers champion) I won it quite early with RDR aswell. I was quite positive in my interviews. Also, helped win Constructors for them too. Vettel wasn't very helpful either. Massa and Alonso were finishing better than him. Anyway, cause Alonso was my rival and I beat him, Ferrari offered me a contract, though as 2nd driver with Alonso number one. All the minor teams and one or two of the middle level teams like Williams offered me a contract, but Ferrari is the more competative. I kinda wanted to stick with Red Bull, just so I would be number 1 in my third season.

It's quite clear cut how it works; you MUST have a certain level of reputation to get a contract offer from a team, wether its a fresh sign or a renewal. By beating your rival, its possible to get a contract without the required level, but if your level is too low at the end of the year they will kick you out no matter what.
Codemasters implemented the rival system so players wouldnt get fed up with being forced to drive for lower-tier teams for years before being able to secure a drive with the big boys. With it, you can drive for any team you like as long as you beat one of their drivers.

The top three teams; Ferrari, McLaren and Red bull require a reputation level of around 35. It varies depending on how long your career is and what season you're in. Getting to 35 in 7-year career mode takes about 4-5 years.

you don't have enough reputation built up to "stay" with the team

in your 2nd or 3rd year of career and racing for Ferrari?? your reputation level needs to be much higher to maintain that level of contract

Spot on mate, Just because your driving with ferarri doesnt gaurantee you get aanother contract even if you have domniated the season and praised the team, you need a high rep level to get an extension.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.