1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferrari 250 SWB mod test @ Silverstone / Paul Ricard - 88 layouts - Thu 27th August

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Yes - keep it please, it was a cracker

100.0%
  2. No - bin it, it was rotten

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Class: GTC65 Ferrari 250 SWB (download)
    Track: Silverstone 88 / Paul Ricard 88
    Race Time: 13.00
    Practice: 20 min
    Qualification: 10 min
    Race: 16 laps
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    Note2: Download from Butch's NFS Bolide site (mirroring not permitted, so it's an external link)
    Note3: The mod comes with quite a few default skins, so we will use those.
    Note4: The cars are all high cost, but as we should all have done the credits and car unlock cheat hopefully that won't cause anyone any problems. If you are short of cash, just buy the car you want to drive online.

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Entrylist:
    1. Stuart Thomson (Black / White Noseband #7)
    2. Bert Van Waes (Red #68)
    3. Kris Leeten (tricolore #8)
    4. Matt Crouch
    5. Warren Dawes
    6. Knut Omdal Tveito
    7. Sam J Simpson (tentative)
    8. Ryan Callan
    9. Ulli Haus
    10. Piotr Misiorek
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    29. Driver

3. Put me on Stuart, i have something to make wright here on GTL, i believe :D

4. Sign up please.
    Little remark: these are 2 completely unknown tracks for me & I don't know if I'll have time for some practice so apologies up front :shame:

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Silverstone is one of the simplest layouts, so you'll be fine there :good:

Ricard is a bit more complicated, but as we're all in brand new cars, we'll all be learning as we go, I think :D

6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

This event will go ahead irrespective of numbers as it's only a test to make sure there are no technical issues

7. Senegal me up

Been waiting for a Ferrari event :)

8. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I've just downloaded the Ferrari mod, so hopefully I can make it. Not installed it yet though, hopefully straight forward.

9. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Sign me up please

10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Yup - dead easy to install, just an unzip inot the GTC65 folder in Teams. They are expensive (250,000 each) and attached to the 275 in game, but they are very different to drive to the 275. I prefer them, for some the converse will of course be true - that's the beauty of GTL - that car are all different enough to spilt opinion - not almost cookie-cutter identical like some other sims.

The 250 has only 4 gears, a very high power lock angle by default (70% or so), is probably slightly slower overall, feels less understeery than the 275 (mostly due to the SWB, I'm guessing), handles somewhere between a Corvette and a Healey, easily slid, sounds magnificent.

11. Does it have more Speed than the Healey Stuart?

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Probably not if I'm driving it :D

Look at it this way - I did a quick race last night to get a feel for it, on Pro, and the AI in the 250 were between 0.4-0.7 sec slower than the AI in the 275, but I was able to get almost onto AI pace within 2-3 laps and it felt nice and controllable :good:

Outright speed is not really my big thing anyway - raceability is more important, especially in a single make race.

I'm hoping that, all being well, we can introduce the TR4, the Aston Martin DB4 & the Porsche 904 into the GTC65 mix, as I've always enjoyed Butch's cars.

13. Your a lover of Butch things i see :p

14. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Yes I am.

I'll be driving the black 250 with the white noseband (#7) on Thursday

15. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Actually, how about until we get up to the next league, we use Thursday as some mod test nights?

Then we can vote on whether it was good / bad, and whether to keep / bin it.

Tuesdays for tc65/gtc65 events/sprint nights
    Thursdays for mod testing nights
    Saturdays for GTC76 testing nights

I'll stick a poll up

16. sign me up as provisional please Stuart, did a wee test at Silv. after installing mod yesterday, car feels really good, very chuckable.

Sam

17. Just so you know, I can't attend this. Just read the Arbarth cancelled event having got in from work and taxiing for No 1 daughter, and sadly didn't see it in time to make a response. So..... just in case.

18. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

no problem :good:

19. Can I be a tentative for this please Mr Thomson?

20. Sign me up Stuart!

as tentative --> depends on how many troubles this building my own playseat causes me on Thursday (that's the only day I can use my friends welding equipment :)

So keep your fingers crossed that my construction turns out to be well thought through :fwd: (the racing seat should be in today, and I got the metal already ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.