Cars FC1 2014 Season Beta [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is assetto corsa capable of pit stops?

If so, do you think the mod will include them? Likewise, can different tyre compounds react differently or does just one tyre texture have to be used, just in a graphical sense for example?

Is assetto corsa capable of pit stops?

If so, do you think the mod will include them? Likewise, can different tyre compounds react differently or does just one tyre texture have to be used, just in a graphical sense for example?

Assetto Corsa doesn't currently have pitstops unfortunately, but, they are in the works, and we should hopefully have a basic system by the time version 1.0 rolls around.

As for your second query, the compounds in this mod do react differently, and have been recreated from real life quite accurately, in terms of temperature window, and degradation levels.
The markings on the tyre wall are just graphical, so for example on Lewis Hamilton, the orange marked hard tyres are painted on, however, you're free to choose which ever compound you like, however the tyre wall markings wont change, but the tyre characteristics will according to which ever compound you chose.

Assetto Corsa doesn't currently have pitstops unfortunately, but, they are in the works, and we should hopefully have a basic system by the time version 1.0 rolls around.

As for your second query, the compounds in this mod do react differently, and have been recreated from real life quite accurately, in terms of temperature window, and degradation levels.
The markings on the tyre wall are just graphical, so for example on Lewis Hamilton, the orange marked hard tyres are painted on, however, you're free to choose which ever compound you like, however the tyre wall markings wont change, but the tyre characteristics will according to which ever compound you chose.

Thanks for the info, I'm new to this game, but have heard only good things.

So from what your saying pit stops will be possible eventually. What version are you at now and what sort of time frame is 1.0?

So the different tyre compounds work but the colours remain the same. How does this work in a race, all the cars run the same compound? When pit stops are in, will this mean just changing from one set of the same compound to another.

I guess what i'm trying to figure out is if the team will be able to mod an f1 style race with different compounds and pit stops in place.

Thanks for the info, I'm new to this game, but have heard only good things.

So from what your saying pit stops will be possible eventually. What version are you at now and what sort of time frame is 1.0?

So the different tyre compounds work but the colours remain the same. How does this work in a race, all the cars run the same compound? When pit stops are in, will this mean just changing from one set of the same compound to another.

I guess what i'm trying to figure out is if the team will be able to mod an f1 style race with different compounds and pit stops in place.

It is hard to say a time frame as we aren't the developers of the game, the game version now is at 0.22, expected release would be fall, however I think that will be pushed back.

Like Chris said already, the compounds are different, just the colours are the same, a simple graphical limitation of the mod that won't affect anything in a race or w/e. I think you can be sure there will be full pit stops in game with strategy, changing compound etc.

Again the game is still in beta stage (multiplayer even in alpha) and so is the mod.

The mod is absolutely awesome but from what I've read today on the AC forums, the future of this mod doesn't look promising. The head of the mod team has pulled the plug due to internal issues with his team.

There is a fix, dunno if I can post the link but here goes (mods remove if nec)

FvO mod edit: [Sorry no hot linking, we will have to wait for an updated version in our recources or you have to browes to the Formula Corsa website, or the official forums.]

Last edited by a moderator:
If the project is canned which would be very sad as I've followed this teams work for a long time over different game titles. They cannot and will not take donation money and run. It is a build up for something awesome. The absolute worst case scenario is that we now have 3 different car models, enough tallented skinners out there to complete the full grid on the most suitable shapes and a tallented helmet blacksmith. F1 2014mod will surface in one form or another. Hopefully the form of which most of us very gratefull racers have become besotted by. Guys don't abandon this adventure, it's only just begun.

He posted this in the assettocorsa.net forum tonight.

ChargingCar//>
I am here not going anywhere ,
tomorrow will update all cars with the W05 physics and add the FCT05 car , that is all I can do , I try to speak with the team but no reply , so will move on and up , and just let the community do what they do best and mod the cars I will provide them you guys do the rest ,
I am happy with that by the weekend we will have maybe another 2-3 cars ingame ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes