F1 2013 fatal game crashes including Reboot

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,

I noticed a problem tonight while playing the awesome new F1 game. I raced in a Lotus in Melbourne (Career, Season 1, Race 1). But then suddenly a black screen occurs, sounds stuttering, one moment of silence - System Reboot O.o

This occured 3 times tonight: first after restarting the race 3-4 times, then 3 Laps into the race. After the second shutdown I checked all files with Steam and tried again - guess what: 42 Laps in the race (going for the lead :() again complete reboot.

I have no clue what the reason for those random crashes are, maybe you can give me an answer. I'm using no mods...

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Had a similar problem. Was impressed with over 100+fps using Nvidea's experience optimized settings with gtx780SLI but didn't realise vsync was turned off .. 2nd lap and AI caused a bad crash, screen went blank but sound was still playing.
Had to re-boot, turn on vsync and all is now good.

interesting... actually vsync was on (never playing without^^), but that's at least an idea why it crashed... Maybe Codemasters forums will help, too^^

EDIT: looks like I solved it. just reduced all correspondent settings from very high to high - since then no crash, so it seems to be a DX11 Bug O.o

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back