1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fatal game crashes including Reboot

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by HyEnd, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

I noticed a problem tonight while playing the awesome new F1 game. I raced in a Lotus in Melbourne (Career, Season 1, Race 1). But then suddenly a black screen occurs, sounds stuttering, one moment of silence - System Reboot O.o

This occured 3 times tonight: first after restarting the race 3-4 times, then 3 Laps into the race. After the second shutdown I checked all files with Steam and tried again - guess what: 42 Laps in the race (going for the lead :() again complete reboot.

I have no clue what the reason for those random crashes are, maybe you can give me an answer. I'm using no mods...

Thanks for your help in advance :)
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Nothing specific to help you, but it's always worth during initial release, to keep your eye on the Codemasters forum to see if others are having the same problem, and if a fix, or a workaround is available. :)
  3. Had a similar problem. Was impressed with over 100+fps using Nvidea's experience optimized settings with gtx780SLI but didn't realise vsync was turned off .. 2nd lap and AI caused a bad crash, screen went blank but sound was still playing.
    Had to re-boot, turn on vsync and all is now good.
  4. interesting... actually vsync was on (never playing without^^), but that's at least an idea why it crashed... Maybe Codemasters forums will help, too^^

EDIT: looks like I solved it. just reduced all correspondent settings from very high to high - since then no crash, so it seems to be a DX11 Bug O.o
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013