Advanced wheel settings
all at 0%

Force Feedback options
Environmental effects : 40%
Feedback strength : 40%
Wheel weight : 0%

Override input device type : steering wheel

Installed latest Rapture driver.
Everything feels ok now except there is a centering spring effect I can't get rid of.

Post your settings and thoughts in this thread if you use a Fanatec wheel.

so ok first test

ingame:

Steering Deadzone 5%
Steering Saturation 35%
Steering Linearity 40%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 0%
Environmental Effects 0%
Feedback Strength 0%
Wheel Weight 0%

Wheel Settings:

SEN 270 FF 40 SHO 60 DRI 3 ABS 72 LIN 0 DEA 10 SPR 0

Its not 100% i work on it @the moment

Hi guys,
Are you able to experience brake lock FFB as I am not able to sense it. (other FFB is fine)

Porsche Wheel Property Page
Autocenter spring : unchecked
Wheel angle : 900
Dampening strength : 0

My settings in game:
Wheel: Everything 0
FFB:
Environmental Effects 70%
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 30%

Wheel Settings: SEN 210 FF 100 SHO 100 DRI 0 ABS 85 LIN 0 DEA 0 SPR 0

Settings that seem to work for me;

Porsche Wheel Settings;
SEN 900 FF 30 SHO 0 DRI 0 ABS 35 LIN 0 DEA 0 SPR 0

My settings in game:
Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 85%
Steering Linearity 80%
These 2 settings (Saturation & Linearity) seem to have the most effect at getting 1:1 steering input.

Note: I'm using clubsport pedals;
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 40%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 20%

FFB:
Environmental Effects 40%
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 10%

Overall not bad. Could use a bit more tweaking.

Turbo S with CSP:
SEN 160
FF 30
SHO 100
0 DRI 0
ABS 85
LIN 0
DEA 0
SPR 0

in game:
Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 30%
Steering Linearity 10%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 0%
Brake Saturation 0%

FFB:
Environmental Effects 80%
Feedback Strength 80%
Wheel Weight 20%

GT3 v2 with CSP

SEN 170
FF 90
SHO 0
DRI 0
ABS 0 Have my CSP to my pc
LIN 0
DEA 0
SPR 0
Wheel angle : 0

In Game Settings
Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 0%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 30%
Brake Saturation 40%

FFB:
Environmental Effects 30%
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 0%
Input device is on steering wheel

Works perfect for me i can feel the car much more with these settings.

Hi gents

I'm using roughly the same setting as Andreas and also get a spring effect when the wheel returns to the centre position, has anybody been able to over come this ?

I have to adjust the wheel setting for different tracks as the wheel feels slow on turn in or slow at first the fast as I turn the wheel more. I didn't have any problems with F1 2010 but as you know all the setting are different in f1 2011 . I loaded the latest wheel firmware with no effect.

I'm using the GT3 RS wheel with clubsport pedals on a PC running win XP and the game runs fine with good frame rate and no lockups or major problems.

Any help on the wheel setting would be great.

Regards
Jase

Ditto to this.

Anything using 1:1 (ie linearity at 0 and using a relatively low rotation like 170 - 240) produces the unwanted center spring effect, which I hate and just won't use.

So I run 900 degrees and then compensate by using about 70-80 linearity.

I'd much prefer not to do that, the feel is better with a direct 1:1 input (for want of a better term), but the mystery spring is a deal-breaker.

GT2 btw.

Hi Flouncy

Changed the wheel to 870 ( adjusting this as I go to see the effect) and in game to saturation 75% , Linerity 100%. Feels a lot better then before and no or reduced spring effect depending on wheel Sen setting.

Yoy would think it would be easy to get the feeling right but again CM has to make it harder then it needs to be. I like the game but if the feels not there then all the bells and whistles wont help.

Thanks for the help
Jase

Cheers Jase.

Any amount of linearity doesn't feel right for me, but did try 870 and that feels just a bit nicer. Saturation is 75%, which I've found in the beginning to be 'just right'.

I also find that the car feels better with the device type override set to off, instead of 'wheel'.

Porsche Carrera 911 wheel:

SEN 240 (210 Monaco)
FF 60
SHO 0
DRI 1
ABS 0
LIN 0
DEA 0
SPR 0
Wheel angle : 0

In Game Settings
Steering Deadzone 0%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 0%
Throttle Deadzone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Brake Deadzone 30%
Brake Saturation 40%

FFB:
Environmental Effects 60%
Feedback Strength 50%
Wheel Weight 20%
Input device is on steering wheel

Just dropping in to say that the GT2 wheel still has spring centering on, and it's fantastically annoying.

Anyone found a fix for this?

Notes - It does *not* happen if I use high wheel rotation (900 or near that) and counter with lots of saturation. But that feels like rubbish. Much better to run with 0 sat and lin, and have a nice low rotation.

But - the lower the rotation - the worse the spring effect is. At around 240- 270 it's really strong and feels horrid. Now I'm running 300, it's there and as annoying as ever, but reduced enough to be playable, though having to turn the wheel so much is undesirable.

Anyone figured this out? And yes, spring centering is off in the software, and I've tried every wheel setting and permutation I can think of.

I got a GT3 RS V2 wheel, I play on the PS3, what is the spring centering problem? I probably have the problem I'm just too dumb to recognize it.... my wheel is set to 180 SEN and 0 saturation in the game and it feels just right for me

Just dropping in to say that the GT2 wheel still has spring centering on, and it's fantastically annoying.

Anyone found a fix for this?

Notes - It does *not* happen if I use high wheel rotation (900 or near that) and counter with lots of saturation. But that feels like rubbish. Much better to run with 0 sat and lin, and have a nice low rotation.

But - the lower the rotation - the worse the spring effect is. At around 240- 270 it's really strong and feels horrid. Now I'm running 300, it's there and as annoying as ever, but reduced enough to be playable, though having to turn the wheel so much is undesirable.

Anyone figured this out? And yes, spring centering is off in the software, and I've tried every wheel setting and permutation I can think of.

Do you have the latest fw for the GT2 installed? Not that it would make a difference but maybe worth a try. I think v.681 is the latest for the Porsche wheels. I'm using the PWTS but I can't test yet since my rig is down. Bummer I won't be able to use my settings from 2010. I had them dialed in just right. Hopefully it will be a good starting point.

What about turning ON the spring centering in the software to see if it has a positive effect (shouldn't but you never know).

Yep, latest firmware and software, yep, tried turning spring centering on, just to see. No good.

@Daniel - the wheel will pull back to the center. So as you turn, you're pulling against a spring that wants the wheel to go back to 'straight ahead'.

Which would be nice if it was part of the force feedback, and varied according to cornering load, car speed etc. But it's constant, so: bad. It masks any true FF that I'm trying to feel, and makes having a low rotation impossible because the lower you go, the stronger the spring effect, to the point where it's utterly dominant at the settings I want to run (240 or so).

Fixed.

It was Dampening Strength, in Fanatec software wheel properties. Mine was at 100, which it set to as default since the last driver update, and that felt fine in terms of responsiveness so left it.

Slide it all the way off and instantly and completely the wheel feels right. Center spring still there, but now acts entirely in accordance with road and car state, gone is the nothing but fake big spring.

All good now.

Fixed.

It was Dampening Strength, in Fanatec software wheel properties. Mine was at 100, which it set to as default since the last driver update, and that felt fine in terms of responsiveness so left it.

Slide it all the way off and instantly and completely the wheel feels right. Center spring still there, but now acts entirely in accordance with road and car state, gone is the nothing but fake big spring.

All good now.

Glad you found the problem! Going to check my property settings now...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back