Fanatec hardware showing up in Property page

Guys, I have the Fanatec Elite Base, Formula wheel and V3 pedals.

I've recently finished my rig and got round to installing all of it, however on the control panel Game controller panel, only the wheel and pedals show up, and on the Fanatec Wheel property page software I don't get anything about the base, just the wheels and pedals. I was under the impression that there was a graphical user interface that allowed me to set up the wheel base for overall force, FFB strength, dead zone ETC.

I know that you can set these up using the wheel but frankly that is not very intuitive, is there something that I am missing? I have the latest firmware and fanatec manager program

Cheers

Les

That’s how it works, if you had the pedals connected to the wheel base and other things only one item will be shown in the Game Controllers properties window, I just connected my V3 pedals via USB instead and now it shows two, FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2 and below that FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3.

There is no setting for dead zone or FFB strength in the driver like some cheaper wheels I’ve had in the past, that’s not how Fanatec does it and dead zone isn’t really needed, most of the time you want no dead zone but if for some reason you need some that’s in the game/sim settings usually, normally you set things in one of the saved presets on the wheel for things like Sensitivity which is the amount of rotation, Spring, Damper etc, then set what you want in the game/sim.

I’m not sure why you are not finding it intuitive using the wheel settings, the fact you can change things on the fly while driving and not have to go into the game/sim every time to change everything, that’s better than I’ve experienced with past wheels.

Can you explain more specifically what you are having issues with?

Upvote 0
For some reason I cannot get the 'wheel angle' and 'Dampening strength' sliders in the PC driver page under settings, which I assume is related to the base (page 23 of the Elite base manual)

If it has now been transferred to the wheel buttons, I will have to get used to it!

I also want to be able to show the gear selected on the display, and despite selecting it on the menu it stays at 000

Cheers

Les

Upvote 0
Hi Les, you should at least be seeing the option to adjust the wheel angle / sensitivity in the driver settings, but it should operate the same as the setting on the in-wheel Tuning Menu. Also strange is the '000' you are seeing on the display. The gear selection display is actually game-dependent, so it depends what you're trying to play, but I can't immediately think of a game that continuously displays '000'. It is possible that the display has frozen for some reason. I would try the wheel in a variety of games if possible, as their display outputs are all a bit different. For example, iRacing just shows the gear number, whereas Assetto Corsa alternates between gear number and speed. If the wheel display isn't functioning as you'd expect, I suggest that you contact our support team via our website. Please prepare a video for the team that shows the behaviour you're describing.

Upvote 0
I uninstalled and reinstalled everything yesterday, both soft- and hardware. While I still don't get the dampening strength slider, the gear indication is now working, and I can use the on-wheel menus

I'm running Automobilista, and clearly have to yet dial in the settings to my liking, however I am not sure how I activate the brake and clutch vibration feedback devices, is there a separate app for that or is it just not supported in Automobilista?

Cheers

Les

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back