Fanatec GT3RS V2 wheel "sticking"

I have the GT3RS V2 wheel and Clubsport pedals, with the rev 681 firmware and PW_64_driver_104 drivers installed. I just got them this week.

This is my first FFB wheel (I've been using a non-FFB Thomas Superwheel for about 12 years). I have a ton of questions about setting it up, but here's one I can't seem to figure out.

I've been using the wheel on GTR Evolution (non-Steam version), patched to latest version. I've noticed that, no matter what settings I use on the wheel itself or in the game's controller menus, there's some weird behavior (weird to me, at least).

Whenever I'm driving and I turn the wheel about 20 degrees right or left, the wheel suddenly seems to stick for a moment, and I have to muscle it past that point. Once it's past that spot it's easier to turn again, but the same "hard spot" is there when I return the wheel to center and I have to muscle it past that point again to return to center. This happens at slow and high speeds.

Does this sound odd to you all? What other info might you need from me to help sort this out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have one of these wheels also and was having a similar problem with mine but i'm using it on a PS3, and since I got no manual with it and the one from fanatec website isn't in my opinion really up to scratch, missing details on parts of the settings... stupid that is..

But I'll have a look at what I've got mine set on now and let you know later.. but I know i dont have this problem anymore..

Upvote 0
I recall what I changed now, not sure if it will work for you but in the setting your using I found that if I had Sen on only 90 for degree for a full turn that problem was happening but now i've put it to 180 and its fine.. also you might want to check how high you have the FF i've only got mine on 50 and it seems plenty firm enough for me but thats a thing for you to decide on.. let me know if that helps

Upvote 0
Looks like it was related to a combination of Evo's "wheel strength" and ff settings. After spending some time working with both of those (turning them down, basically) as well as the wheel's settings, that sticking point is gone.

I'd say it was all down to my lack of experience with FFB. Thanks for the replies and advice!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back