Fanatec GT3RS V1 -> V2 upgrade thread

ReDi

Slightly Mad Studios
Fanatec sent out an email that they will start shipping the V1->V2 upgrade kits soon, so I decided to create this thread in advance where you can post questions and share tips :)

To prepare yourself, read the upgrade tutorial. There's also a .

Just a tip for those attempting this...I followed the same PDF to remove the case from my PWTS and in order to get some allan screws out that the directions reference you'll need a long arm 3mm Allan key. Not sure if they are supplied but if they aren't make sure to grab one.

Also be sure to use a good screwdriver with a handle that you can apply a fair amount of torque to. The screws inside the wheel are tough to get out and using the wrong screw driver could be problems.

Upvote 0
Errrr, scrub the upgrade kits for now :-(

Another shipment of incorrect/low quality items. Fanatec have done the sensible thing and sent the whole batch back to the manufacturer (again) rather than send out iffy quality kits........

Upvote 0
You know, I'm really starting to wonder now if most of the problems people have been having (e.g., loss of centering on some wheels, the "cutting out" problem on others, the GTR3 RS V1 - V2 upgrades, the fan/wire problem) are really due primarily to production problems and not necessarily to design deficiencies. For example, I've been using the Clubsport pedals for several weeks with my old Thomas Super Wheel (which I've had for 12 years and has been basically problem-free) while I've been waiting for a replacement to my GT3 RS V2 wheel, and the pedals are just great. No problems with them at all, in any way.

If it's true about production problems with the wheels, then it's not too surprising about the reports of delays from Fanatec tech support in replying/communicating to customers quickly...not that they're inundated so much because of high sales, but because they have to deal with a relatively high number of production quality issues that customers are finding.

Again, I really don't have much info to back this up. It just started me wondering.

Upvote 0
From everything I have seen and heard up till now, of the issues that are really issues (and not user errors), just about everything is manufacturing sloppyness and suppliers failing to deliver, and not design issues.

Upvote 0
Yeh, it does seem that the design, when people get a good wheel, is flawless.

Unfortunately for Fanatec, they seem to have ended up with a duff manufacturer.

I hope for their sake that they aren`t locked into some kind of long term contract, because this is really starting to look bad on them.

Upvote 0
From everything I have seen and heard up till now, of the issues that are really issues (and not user errors), just about everything is manufacturing sloppyness and suppliers failing to deliver, and not design issues.

I would agree 100% with that ReDi, its a real shame, I LOVE Fanatec gear, its very well designed and innovative (Just look at the on the fly wheel adjustments and the CSP design with hall sensors and l/c) and has the potential to be a leader in this field, I just hope they can screw down the production problems and improve the customer care asap. I dont care what some people say, I know for a fact that thomas is very keen to have the best customer care, quality and products, he just needs a bit of time and an end to this run of bad luck it seems!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back