Fanatec Customer Support?

New member here, just built my first real rig. Was formerly using nothing but a Logitech Momo wheel and pedal set, started with it many years ago, I've now upgraded to Next Level GT Track with V3 motion and all Fanatec controls.

My issue is with the clutch on the Clubsport V3 inverted pedals - it doesn't work. It functioned correctly for about two hours, then started disengaging only at the top of the travel and snapping back to full engagement with the clutch fully depressed.

I've calibrated with both the Fanatec device manager (set min/max) which does nothing, as well as doing a manual calibration within the DD1 wheel base. Nothing works, it appears to be a failed load cell.

I contacted Fanatec via their contact form four days ago, and so far all they've done is request a video of the problem. I explained the problem in great detail, and that a video of nothing happening would not be very useful. That was two days ago, no reply since then.

I've spent $3000 with this company, and they don't seem very responsive. What have your experiences been?

Thanks in advance,
Garry

It´s very Offtopic heer, but i think its OK. If not, please delet it :)
I have a Mazda CX3 only 40tkms, but never ever any issue. We have some company car, from VW, as Skoda, Golf, Audi.. Audi A4 2.0 TDI, after 2tkms Turbo damage. Other A4 1.8 TFSI, after 100tkms 1 Liter Oil for 750kms... And so on.
But the preis ist the same as you mentoined. :(
Music to my ears mate! Spread the word! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I am in the market for a wheelbase and wheel. I bought Fanatec V3 pedals and so far no problems. But it's only been a few months. Any recommendations for other wheelbase/wheel vendors?
It depends which way to go: direct drive or not. I have an accuforce v1. Rocksolid performance. But there are other decent alternatives as well in that pricerange.

Upvote 0
They most certainly did for me. And just to add my meagre two cents in this discussion of people who seem very determined to be dissatisfied with Fanatec, I recently RMA'd a newly purchased Clubsport wheelbase and wheel, and it was over and done with in the scope of just a few email exchanges and a quick product return and replacement. So one pretty satisfied customer right here.

Well, they just advised me to ship on my own dime promising shipping refund after the wheel is repaired.

I'm not pre-determined to be dissatisfied with Fanatec at all. I have spend almost $2K on their products this year knowing full well their less than stellar reputation for reliability and customer service. If anything, I'm willing to give them the benefit of a doubt. I really want to like Fanatec products.

I'm not impressed with the company business practices so far.

Upvote 0
A different Fanatec rep has finally responded, offering the parts at what seems to be less than retail but encouraging me to return the unit for work. I told him I'd buy the parts, we'll see how quick he responds.

Upvote 0
I can understand the frustration here but just to put in my tuppence as a more than happy Fanatec owner.
I have the CSW v1 and CSR Elite pedals and they've given me trouble free racing for years after buying them in 2011/2012
Through wear and tear I've needed to replace the rim main cable on one rim, and the pedals are still going strong without issue. Obviously need to clean and oil them now and then to keep them good but small price to pay for longevity.
Sounds like maybe the newer kit isn't properly tested perhaps?
Maybe they need to develop a more robust testing system to make sure the design and parts can last multiple hours of usage. They must have done in the past as my stuff has been pretty much bulletproof but hey, lots of people buying this stuff so will have plenty of different stories on how it all works for them.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

A different Fanatec rep has finally responded, offering the parts at what seems to be less than retail but encouraging me to return the unit for work. I told him I'd buy the parts, we'll see how quick he responds.
I believe you'd lose warranty if performing DIY repair.
I'd probably push them to cover your shipping expenses, at least partially. esp. if you have to ship overseas as that is not cheap.

And watch for those screws on v3, they are made of soft aluminum and strip out easily.

Upvote 0
I believe you'd lose warranty if performing DIY repair.
I'd probably push them to cover your shipping expenses, at least partially. esp. if you have to ship overseas as that is not cheap.

And watch for those screws on v3, they are made of soft aluminum and strip out easily.
I'm not too worried about warranty at this point, it's been two weeks since I first contacted them with a problem, we spent over a week in "diagnostics" and videos, and we've just reached the point where they might have a solution (if I can ever actually get the parts).

I may just offer the pedals and parts for sale as a package deal with no warranty. I'll take a loss, but at this point I really don't care.

Upvote 0
it's been 1 whole week now since they updated their website and ppl with amazon logins still have zero access to their accounts, that means zero support and zero purchase history

this is fanatecs support for you

Upvote 0
it's been 1 whole week now since they updated their website and ppl with amazon logins still have zero access to their accounts, that means zero support and zero purchase history

this is fanatecs support for you
More worse, that me, as registered user, can not use the topics on the Fanatec website and i´m not allowed the register me :D
Fanatec prevents, that my oppinion will be published :D It´s so ridiculous. Anyway, my base and wheel isn´t ready, after 3 weeks. I bought a Thrustmaster wheel. If i get my stuff back, it wont take a long time, to send it back again because of an other issue. :D After 2 repair attempt, Fanatec musst to buy it back.

Upvote 0
It's been a month since I ordered my V3 pedals, and three weeks since I first contacted Fanatec with a problem. During that three weeks they refused to replace them, insisted on numerous videos and tests, and finally grudgingly agreed to sell me parts.

I ordered the parts three days ago and they still haven't shipped.

During the same time period they've also "updated" their website, apparently removing all customers registered products and making it impossible for them to open a support ticket.

Their email is e-support@fanatec.com

Upvote 0
My order of replacement parts for my defective pedals was placed on Nov 12, and it still has not shipped a week later.

In addition, it has now been changed from three sensors and a PCBA to four PCBA's!!! It was correct when I placed it...

Fanatec is a complete and utter joke - I strongly discourage anyone from buying their products.

order4.jpg

Upvote 0
Here's a recap for late-comers: On October 13 I ordered Fanatec V3 inverted pedals, and on the 15th I ordered the DD1 wheel base, two wheels, and a shifter. My total expenditure was just under $3,000 USD.

The pedals quit working after two hours of use; the clutch disengaged at the top then snapped back to full engagement at the bottom, the brake slowly crept up until dragging, and neither vibration motor worked at all.

I contacted Fanatec immediately, requesting a replacement of the pedal set. They refused, and insisted on multiple videos of the problems and much cryptic troubleshooting performed by me. After three weeks of this foolishness they offered only to repair the pedals, if I would send them in at my expense.

I declined, stating I bought new pedals and I expected new pedals, not reworked ones with an extensive delay. I suggested they send parts and I would fix them. They declined, but offered to sell me parts. Wanting to just be done with this travesty I agreed, planning to fix the pedals myself.

A week ago (over a month since my initial purchase) Fanatec sent a quote for the parts. I immediately accepted and paid it, yet today it still has not been shipped. In addition, the order seems to have changed... Here's the quote that I accepted and paid a week ago:

quote1.jpg

And here's how the order appears a week later:

order5.jpg

I've sent multiple emails, and Fanatec has made no response. To make matters even worse, the "My Products" page for my account has been wiped:

products1.jpg

This page formerly contained the model and serial numbers for my pedals, wheel base, two wheels, and shifter. It is the page that I used to open my ticket with Fanatec over a month ago, and this page is the only means of opening such a ticket.

So at this point Fanatec will not respond to my emails, they have removed my ability to open a warranty request, they will not honor their warranty on the pedals, and they have not shipped the parts I paid for.

I've paid them a total of $3029.39, supplied them with multiple videos, performed countless useless tests, traded numerous emails with a "support rep" who has minimal English skills, and I still have defective pedals over a month after my initial purchase.

Fanatec has missed a great opportunity here, but I don't think they really care. They could have replaced my defective pedals immediately and gained a faithful customer (and obviously a very vocal one). But instead, they have chosen to make me jump through their ridiculous video and troubleshooting hoops, taken even more of my money, then ignored me completely.

I know they are watching this thread, they have actually mentioned it in their emails! You'd think that long before the 5 pages/5,000+ views they would have satisfied this issue. Their refusal speaks volumes, and leads to only one conclusion: Fanatec does not care if their products work, they merely want your money. They don't support their products, and apparently they consider members of this Forum to be inconsequential.

The morale to the story is DON'T BUY FANATEC.

Upvote 0
@Harpo How did you pay for these parts? Is there no avenue you can explore in order to be able to send the defective pedals back to them and get refunded for the total amount. You shouldn't have to put up with being treated so badly.

Surely they can't be able to wipe your account out of existence and make it look as if you didn't exist as a customer. This is crazy.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea