• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Fanatec CSR (Standard) and a Different Wheel Rim

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Jonathan Holmes, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Jonathan Holmes

Jonathan Holmes

Ratings:
    +255
    Hi all,

I was browsing through previous threads, but it's probably quicker for me to just post here as I am limited on time due a pesky lunch break at work :D

Basically, I have a CSR standard wheel, but I also have an SRW-S1 that has sat in my cupboard for a year. Is there any sort of quick release or adapter I can use to be able to attach the SRW-S1 to the base of my Fanatec?

Has anyone else detached the standard CSR rim (not CSR elite) and attached a different rim? Or even better, has anyone attached an SRW-S1 to a standard CSR base?

I hope you can understand this!

Thanks in advance.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race. Premium

Ratings:
    +6,168
    I have CSR which I have taken apart to replace the printed circuit board.
    From my very limited skiils in this area I think it would require a lot of clever work to adapt. The way teh wheel mates to the housing is quite bespoke.
    BUT I am hopeless at this type of thing. I would have loved to do what you are trying but instead ordered a CSW V2 ith F1 rim. At least these days you dont have to buy a G27 then send money to mysterious characters overseas for a replica F1 wheel.

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race. Premium

Ratings:
    +6,168