Fanatec CSR fan not working

Hello there,

after a longer break I wanted to get back to sim racing and fired up Assetto Corsa with my CSR (Standard) steering wheel yesterday. Everything was working fine but the fan was not working at all so I stopped after 3 to 5 minutes because I don’t want to kill my wheel.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit, latest drivers and firmware 756. I tested changing the fan modes without luck. On standard it should be always on and the temperature driven mode did not work either (where I probably did not drive long enough that it should fire up).

I contacted Fanatec and hope to get an answer soon but I am not sure if they will help me because the wheel is long out of warranty. And probably it might be cheaper and faster to fix it myself if possible?!

Has anyone an idea what might going on and could assist me fixing the problem? I would be really grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance

Yeah probably will depending on how Fanatec is responding
Did you get a response Simon? I found they responded on two occasions within half a day. Which was very good.

My FFB motor went on my CSR. They (Johannes) very helpful identifying this. I sent in a video although the problem couldn’t really be seen in it but they sent me some step by step instructions to diagnose the problem. Unfortunately despite the good contact, they weren’t able to help because they don’t even have the FFB motors anymore. Can’t really complain as the wheel is 5-6 years old, the product is discontinued, and parts become obsolete.

Upvote 0
Yeah I got a reply one or two days later but my problem has been solved from itself because suddenly the fans were working again. Probably I was just to dumb and the plug was not all in which caused that. But yeah they were really friendly via e-mail.

Upvote 0
FFB motors and fans are not magical unicorns. If you post a picture of the motor and a closeup of the printed label, I can probably find a replacement on hobbyking.com or Amain.
Hello that's really nice of you. In case the problem occurs another time I'll make a photo and so on. So far the wheel is working like it should since I started this thread plus some few days.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back