Fanatec CSR elite V1 broken?

Hey guys! I just ordered CSR elite V1 pedals from eBay and I'm not sure if they are working correctly. The brake pedal has the load cell which is why I bought it. But it feels like as if the brake booster on your car was broken. It's incredibly stiff. I've previously only used normal pedals and don't know how these should feel.

Thanks for your help.
Have a good one!

Zero

Remember & adjust the dial at the back of the brake to increase / decrease the loadcell sensitivity to suit your driving style.

Once you get used to it you should notice better lap times due to more consistent braking.

Upvote 0
Calibrate them properly for each sim as well.
Load cell brake pedals are supposed to feel stiff. They work by pressure, not range of motion like pot-based ones.

Upvote 0
Calibrate them properly for each sim as well.
Load cell brake pedals are supposed to feel stiff. They work by pressure, not range of motion like pot-based ones.
I was expecting a stiffer pedal but I thought it would be closer to the feel of a real break pedal. As in it gets stiffer the further you push it but is sort of soft for the fist few centemeters.

Remember & adjust the dial at the back of the brake to increase / decrease the loadcell sensitivity to suit your driving style.

Once you get used to it you should notice better lap times due to more consistent braking.
I'm still trying out the settings but I think I'm close to the point I like it at.

Yea I'm already getting better. I had problems with cars without abs in assetto corsa. Because I simply couldn't tell how far I had to push it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
@ZeroKey ,

Remember street cars have brake boosters which help ease the needed pressure to brake. Racing cars doesn't have brake boosters and hence they have a very hard brake pedal.

Upvote 0
Just an update on these brake inserts from BBJ SimRacing.

The weaker of the 3 inserts is slightly softer than the one the pedals come with as standard.

The other 2 are noticeably firmer than stock, and I'd expect you'd need your pedals and seat fixed to do them justice.

I've come to realize that as well. I need to get some sort of racing rig to get the feeling that I expected.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea