1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals with Thrustmaster TX 458 Wheel

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Ho3n3r, Nov 2, 2015.

1. I am using the CSR Elite V1 pedals, but I want to get a TX 458 wheel to use with it. Will this be possible? Currently it plugs into my Fanatec wheel via PS/2.

I'm hoping somebody has done this - or similar - config.

2. PaulH

Premium Member

I have this exact Setup, TX & CSR Elite pedals, works great, just connect the pedals via USB, job done! :thumbsup:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks, probably should have followed up with this :p Have been playing with it that way all night. Brilliant combo!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. @PaulH my wheel started vibrating and making some loud humming noise, and I smelt some burning. Seems it was overheating!

You ever experienced this? Is it dangerous if it happened only once? I am not using high FFB settings - 60% overall, then 100-100-0-0.
  5. PaulH

Premium Member

Not experienced that(so far), maybe your fan stopped spinning/got caught? then something overheated, smelling burning is not a good sign :(
    I use 80% 100-100-0-0
    Is it working at all now?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the worries mate. :) Apparently it's just the fan. Was worried though coz I never knew a wheel's fan could be that loud.

Maybe the smell was just because of the first time it got hot, I dunno, but it doesn't smell like that any more when the fan comes on. It's still working 100%. Perhaps it's got something to do with the fact that it was 35 degrees Celsius or more the last few days.
    • Like Like x 1