Fanatec CSP Vibrations

My Club Sport pedals vibrate on braking and so forth as designed. Where is the adjustment for this in R3E? It's the only sim where the pedal vibration is on by default and seemingly has no adjustment or on/off switch!

Thanks in advance for any help.

The FFB settings are all under the controller settings section. There should be an option for setting the strength of the vibration when your wheels slip under braking... I forget the exact name for it. Set that to 0 and it should eliminate the vibration.

The FFB settings are all under the controller settings section. There should be an option for setting the strength of the vibration when your wheels slip under braking... I forget the exact name for it. Set that to 0 and it should eliminate the vibration.

Well, I checked every single setting and none control vibration through the pedals :( Very odd, since it is a Fanatec-specific feature. This happened years ago, too--I was just hoping by now they would have added the ability to turn it on or off or control it.

Well I am thinking about controllers, if you choose to use H-pattern shifting because you have that controller, does it also allow you to use sequential shifting for the cars that use it in real life? In other words, does it seamlessly transition from one type of shifting to another, or do you have to go into the controller menu to manually switch it every time?

Well, I checked every single setting and none control vibration through the pedals :(
Ok, that is odd. You'd expect that brake setting to do it for both wheel and pedals. I suggest opening the controller config file in Notepad and having a look in there instead, as there are often settings that do not have menu options. You can find it in My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet.

Well I am thinking about controllers, if you choose to use H-pattern shifting because you have that controller, does it also allow you to use sequential shifting for the cars that use it in real life?
There's a setting for this in the menu, so you manually have to choose sequential or h-box. (At least, you did last time I checked...) ;) A tad annoying I guess, but to be fair I'm not sure a lot of the cars in R3E have the option to use both anyway.

I had a quick look at my own config and found these lines:
Code:
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
FFB pedal throttle vibe slope="0.0"
FFB pedal throttle slip vibe="1.0" // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
FFB pedal brake slip vibe="1.0" // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
FFB pedal brake vibe slope="5.0" // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %
Ensuring brake affects are on the steering axis instead of the pedals and then setting the affects to 0 might work, or just setting all pedal values to 0?

Well I am thinking about controllers, if you choose to use H-pattern shifting because you have that controller, does it also allow you to use sequential shifting for the cars that use it in real life? In other words, does it seamlessly transition from one type of shifting to another, or do you have to go into the controller menu to manually switch it every time?
Yes. If you have H-shifting enabled in the game, the cars that are H-shifter are using that and the cars that are sequential are using paddles or whatever you have your sequential shifting set to. If you don't want to use H-shifter for some reason, all you have to do is turn off H-shifting in the vehicle(?) options and the game switches you to paddles/sequential. You can do this without leaving the session, even.

Yes. If you have H-shifting enabled in the game, the cars that are H-shifter are using that and the cars that are sequential are using paddles or whatever you have your sequential shifting set to. If you don't want to use H-shifter for some reason, all you have to do is turn off H-shifting in the vehicle(?) options and the game switches you to paddles/sequential. You can do this without leaving the session, even.

Perfect. I always want to use what is appropriate for the vehicle. I have all three shifters (H, sequential stick and paddles), so the elegant solution is to pick once per car and have the game remember it, or, have a system where you can use any one at the same time (but the car itself works as it is supposed to--i.e., it needs a manual clutch if it is an H-pattern and needs a manual clutch for initial starts, etc.). Reiza figured it out, so am glad if Sector 3 did, too!

I had a quick look at my own config and found these lines:
Code:
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
FFB pedal throttle vibe slope="0.0"
FFB pedal throttle slip vibe="1.0" // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
FFB pedal brake slip vibe="1.0" // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
FFB pedal brake vibe slope="5.0" // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %
Ensuring brake affects are on the steering axis instead of the pedals and then setting the affects to 0 might work, or just setting all pedal values to 0?

Thanks--I'll try overriding these to see if it works, but the vibrations are not just ABS or on slip. It's like as soon as you use the brakes at all there is some degree of vibration. Maybe because a setting of 1.0 = full?

EDIT: Yes, setting all to 0 fixed the issue. Had to do both throttle and brake!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back